compact fridge quality

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balto charlie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks: I am looking for a mini for the kegs. I've read a lot here about the compact Sanyos.
1) What about some of the other brands? Are either Absocold or Haier any good?
2)What size is best?
3) Do they all come w/ a freezer? (seems a waste) Or do you diconect it? remove it?
Thanks Charlie

All of the mini's that get converted to kegerators have no freezer in them. If you get a unit with a freezer you'll have to remove it in order to fit cornies in it. Removing the freezer becomes problematic when dealing with freon lines.

I have a Sanyo 4912M, but I know that some others have converted Haier units and another one that I can't think of at the moment.

I've not seen a Haier unit without a freezer, if anyone has a link please share.

The most common models are the Sanyo 4912 and the Kenmore Elite 4.9. Unfortunately the Kenmore has been discontinued, but they occasionally show up at Sears liquidation/warehouse sales or ebay/craigslist. As I'm aware they have the exact same dimensions and I can vouch that both are capable of holding two 5g cornies sided by side, or two 5g cornies and 1 3g corney with some creativity.

Both models are freezerless, this is a clear advantage. Converting a mini with a freezer is possible (I've done a few) but they are a PITA.

Latest posts

Back