Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some of my newer labels. The first two are from a batch of nut brown ale I made at the beginning of the month. I didn't really put a ton of creative juices into these since I need them on the bottles ASAP:

Here is the one for the plain nut brown ale (and yes, I have a bee theme to my brews):
BroodBrownAle_zps62964704.png

This is for the half of the brown ale I fermented along with roasted apples and apple pie spices:
AppleBrownBettyAle_zpsa3ea94ac.png

This one is for a batch I haven't even brewed yet - talk about being on the ball :rockin: (obviously subject to revision once I brew and bottle and calculate the ABV):

ScorchedEarthRussianImperialStout_zps84eb58bd.png

Hey Everyone! I'm new to the forums and to home brewing in general. A friend and I have been experimenting with it the past few months. We're on batch four now with five brewing soon (probably this weekend). Anyways, I figured I'd introduce myself and what better place than here! Below is a label that I made for our second brew which was a black IPA. It's sort of an inside joke that has progressed with a friend of mine. Come to think of it the first label was a joke too inspired by a current popular k-pop artist. I'll get photos of that one up when I have a chance. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

002crazyrat.jpg

002ratphoto.jpg

1337Brew said:
Hey Everyone! I'm new to the forums and to home brewing in general. A friend and I have been experimenting with it the past few months. We're on batch four now with five brewing soon (probably this weekend). Anyways, I figured I'd introduce myself and what better place than here! Below is a label that I made for our second brew which was a black IPA. It's sort of an inside joke that has progressed with a friend of mine. Come to think of it the first label was a joke too inspired by a current popular k-pop artist. I'll get photos of that one up when I have a chance. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Nice label! And welcome to HBT and brewing!

002crazyrat.jpg

002ratphoto.jpg

Very cool! Love the art work!

I was able to get a photo of the first label that I made. It's kind of a joke because our first beer came out with a slight banana taste because of high temperatures during fermentation (at least that's what we're assuming from lurking on these forums). We live in Southern California so it has been an issue with these insanely high temperatures. Our next investment is going to be a freezer and temperature controller. Psy was and is still popular with his gangnam style so I went with it. The label on the right in the photo was given to my co-brewer on his birthday saying I would pay for our next batch.

001banana.jpg

001bananaphoto.jpg

Here are the labels for my two latest brews. The Harvest Hefeweizen is one I do annually for a friends olive harvest, and the IPA was brewed with a coworker.

2012-harvest-hefeweizen-57008.png

on-call-imperial-ipa-57009.png

This was my first beer label. I made this last Spring and put it on a Biere de Garde. I actually did this for a design class so the assignment involved creating a brand. This is Biere de L'enfant.

img_1413-e1337736675374.png

AtiDPq6CMAAr0rU.jpg:large

NickT1 said:
Was getting tiered of washing labels off my bottles so overhauled my labels and brewery. Thanks for all the tips I picked up from this thread.

The elastic band will be replaced by a string.

How are you attaching it to the bottle on the top? Tape?

I've stuck it under the "revenue stamp" that goes over the lid.

Thought I'd loop a string around the neck of the bottle it may look neater than an elastic band.

The only thing ill change is some of the text on the "toe tag" for every brew and possibly print the " toe tag" on different color paper to easily tell the batches apart.

Very, very nice. What font is that? Got an IPA I need to bottle and label.

Not sure what the font is, used the labelmaker app pitched in the first page or so of the thread though. Very nice application and for like $5 you have access to a ton of templates.

I like the toe-tag. However I'd stick with rubber bands as they're cheap and easy to put on the bottles.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Long time reader, but I just registered. My friends have always asked what I call my brew and I had never really come up with anything. I've decided I want my labels to be Baltimore themed (that is where I live) in some way, but I'm not set on the name yet. Anyways here are a couple of labels, let me know what you guys think.

Baltimore, those are some of the best looking labels I've seen. That is a beer I'd buy at the store

Hey Guys/Gals,

Long time reader, but I just registered. My friends have always asked what I call my brew and I had never really come up with anything. I've decided I want my labels to be Baltimore themed (that is where I live) in some way, but I'm not set on the name yet. Anyways here are a couple of labels, let me know what you guys think.

Awesome labels. I had to go back and read what you wrote cause i thought you were looking for a brewery name, but I really like "Baltimore Brau." I guess the only reason to do that is because there is the commercial brewery "D.C. Brau" close to your south. Anyways, once again, great labels!

Yeah I do like the name BUT I did know about DC Brau before. I'm decent at coming up with label ideas but not so much with names.

Thanks for the feed back and complements!

The torn edging is a nice touch over cut edging.

+1 My last labels were kind of rustic but I felt they were missing something, and now I see exactly what. These labels definitely hit my top 5 faves in this thread. Great job BaltimoreBrau!

2nvdnwz.jpg

Just made this using my customizable template label. Going to be bottling tonight hopefully.

Woodcut woo!

2nvdnwz.jpg

Just made this using my customizable template label. Going to be bottling tonight hopefully.

Woodcut woo!

I really like this, I think it will look great on a bottle. Let's see it when you bottle it!

This is one I came up with while the power was out during the storm, just need to brew one to put it on.

Latest posts

Back