EZ cap bottles???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrigade

Reaction score
If I don't want to buy actual bottle caps and a bottle capping tool can I use the EZ cap Bottles to hold my carbonated cider?

Online there are cool Grolsch bottles in 16oz and a a few other big sizes.... I know these bottles are a little bit more expensive but they look really nice and if they will hold a really good seal I want to get some!

Do they leak? Can you put your priming sugar in there and carbonate your beverage in them like a regular Beer bottle?

I use both EZ Cap bottles and Grolsch bottles (some with original seals) and I couldn't be happier with them. I've never noticed any leaking and they look great (with labels removed!).

Any swing-top bottle has worked great for me, and I have about six or seven different sizes of them (250 mL, 375 mL, 460 mL, 500 mL, 750 mL, 1L).

I hate bottling but still have my original 2 cases I bought when I first started. If I have to bottle a few then I will use the EZ cap bottles unless I'm giving them away and then I go with standard bottles. Last batch of wine I did I put some of it into the EZ bottles, which I'll find out in about a year if that was good idea or not.

EZ CAP for the win!

You do need to replace the gaskets after about 5 uses, but they are insanely cheap, you can get different color gaskets too and use them for catagorizing your brews without labels or notes.

And the bigger the better, 16 oz minimum, really helps cut down bottling time and makes it enjoyable

My LHBS sells 12 of them for $30, where as you can get a case of 24 regular bottles for $12.95, 144 caps for $3.50, and a capper for $18. It comes out pretty close, and you get 24 bottles. Obviously if you have a better source for the EZ Cap, then it may be less. Bottling/capping isnt that much of a chore, in my opinion.

I do like the way the swing tops look, and I will inevitably buy some because of it.

I can get them from Homebrew4less in Chambersburg Pa. for 24 doallars a case, but then you got shipping charges too. They sell them online but do not replace any glass broken during shipment. I have thought about getting a capper to give it a try that way aswell.

Can you put these in a water canner? I want to make ketchup and seal them...?

Back