Cheap Turkey Fryer/Pot Combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeantownD

Reaction score
For those looking to get a propane burner/pot, this may be a good introductory option for you..Looks like it's already had a hole punched for a valve too! i am in no way associated with this site (other than that I really like the $5 flat shipping policy). The deal will be up there for 1 day. http://home.woot.com/

I just logged on to post the same link. $70 for what looks like a quality stand and an almost 9 gallon pot is a great way to get started.

I already have a boil kettle, I now need a mash tun. How could I lauter from this turkey fryer? I see it has a spigot, does anyone know if I could add a ss braid to it?

So. I want this ( I think )...I'm a newb around here, just been lurking for a while. But I've already ordered and read Palmers book and everything here I can find...and I know I'm going to start out with full boils in the garage instead of partial in the kitchen. Slowly building my setup, I was going to battle the crowds on black Friday to get a turkey fryer setup at walmart because what better day to buy a turkey fryer than the day after turkey day? So riddle me this established veterans....is this deal too good to pass up today? I mean the price might be right, but can anybody vouch for it's quality? Thanks!
-Grayson

I wouldn't recommend this one. Its hard to tell the scale but it looks like only that one pot would work on this burner. Might not be a big deal but I like burners with flat tops so you can put other (different) pots on it.

I wouldn't recommend this one. Its hard to tell the scale but it looks like only that one pot would work on this burner. Might not be a big deal but I like burners with flat tops so you can put other (different) pots on it.

It looks to me like you would be able to use any size pot that would fit on the flat top burner if you didn't use the "patented anti tip pot holder" that basically looks like arms that hold it in place. Looks like they are a separate piece that can be attached or not.

I'm going to meditate on this one for a few hours and might end up ordering it. buying on Woot today only saves 12 bucks over the same product on amazon. If I get it, I'll post up a comprehensive review for future buyers.

Is 46000 btu a good number for 5 gallon recipe full boils?

Latest posts

Back