Hmm what to brew next

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BogusOwnz

Reaction score
I have an oak ipa made and drinking, a hefeweizen conditioning and a copper ale in primary. With summer coming what are some good ideas for a brew? I was thinking and American pale wheat ale but I'm not to sure.

Pale ales are good especially with a citrus hop. if you have lagering capabilities, kolsch is a good choice but can take a while to clear. Almost any type of wheat beer works and they are pretty fast. I just did a blackberry wheat 2 weeks ago which I hope will turn out well for the summer.
Tom

Pale ales are good especially with a citrus hop. if you have lagering capabilities, kolsch is a good choice but can take a while to clear. Almost any type of wheat beer works and they are pretty fast. I just did a blackberry wheat 2 weeks ago which I hope will turn out well for the summer.
Tom

Agreed, any good session beer would do the trick. I second the Pale Ale with a good hop, maybe some centennial.

My usual summer brews are a couple different hefes, I am also going to throw in a strawberry blonde, I also cut back the grain bill on my APA to lower the % for a lighter summer quaffer with a good hop note to it.

Agreed, any good session beer would do the trick. I second the Pale Ale with a good hop, maybe some centennial.

+1 on that, my APA is a centennial/cascade, about 48 IBU and in summer trim hits 4.2% ABV. Its nice and crisp with a good hop bite, it makes a great refreshing summer brew!

Hefe is nice, as is Kolsch, or Wit, or light Pale Ale, Blonde.

Some would say that an IPA is good to have around any time of the year!

EDIT: Too funny, Yoop. We both posted the same opinion.

BerlinerWeisse. summer is coming up and a tart crisp low ABV beer like that would be awesome.

Im in the process of making a "SWMBO-weiss"...with bitter orange peel. Its gonna be great in these Memphis summers of 100 degrees with 98% humidity. Its so muggy you actually have to swim through the air when you walk down here.
-Jefe-

how about a american amber, cali common hopped with northern brewer, or a roggenbier im not a wheat fan but i do love a good rye

Thanks guys, I'm leaning towards a fruit beer now like a raspberry wheat or something. Any good fruit beer extract recipes?

I just brewed a saison for the summer time and I plan on doing a watermelon wheat next. Then for the autumn it'll be back to the dark beers (I'm thinking a clone of Southern Tier's Creme Brulee Stout).

Back