What are you doing for Octoberfest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having a party at my place. German food and all german homebrew. I've got an oktoberfest and a hefeweizen on tap now. Will have my dunkel and Alt done and on tap by the time the party rolls around. Woohoo!

I have ten gallons that have been lagering just above freezing since the spring. I think I'll call up the boys and see what kind of damage we can do.

Huntington Beach has a pretty decent O-fest celebration at Old World Village. OWV is a smallish all-German mall with resturaunt, a bar and a couple shops. They have a HUGE indoor/outdoor banquet facility that hosts the O-fest each year.

It runs for about a month at gets absolutely packed on Fri & Sat nights. A decent variety of German brews and food. A band is brought over for the event from Germany. And multiple hot waitresses dressed in the appropriate attire.

Fort Bliss El Paso TX. The German Commandos stationed their throw a 3 day event. Beer is flow in (and very cheap), the band is flown in. All under a Big Top Circus tent. It will be a fun weekend.

I'm inviting about 75 friends over for a day and night of drinking craft beer/home brews, eating a bunch of great food, playing drinking games, and rocking out to live music from a german band.

depends on my work schedule.

I may try to hit a couple of the local O'Fests in the Bay Area if time permits.

Back