my lovely clear cream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defenestrate

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
cream ale, that is :ban: i just finished my keezer last week this is 1 of 3 brews i have on tap- kegging for life.

0416091342_1_1.jpg

i just made an extract cream ale from homebrewers best or whatever and its alot darker... i even ended with 6.2 gallons instead of 5. Guess i got lucky. Is this AG?

To get down to 5 gallons you should boil longer, I bet your OG was off. I just boil until I get my desired volume and calculate hop additions accordingly.

And that is one very clear cream ale, I believe I may need to brew one soon!

To get down to 5 gallons you should boil longer, I bet your OG was off. I just boil until I get my desired volume and calculate hop additions accordingly.

And that is one very clear cream ale, I believe I may need to brew one soon!

Nice Cream Ale...

I second the comment on the boil down of the extract brew. If you are using extract, and you get 6.2 gallons instead of 5, say on a beer planned at 1.046, you are actually going to get 1.037. It will still be good, but not the beer that you THOUGHT you were brewing, the OG is nearly 20% low.

it would have been another hour and a half additional boil, 2.5 hours total... idk about that

i just made an extract cream ale from homebrewers best or whatever and its alot darker... i even ended with 6.2 gallons instead of 5. Guess i got lucky. Is this AG?

yeah, AG. its a tid bit malty-i think i'm going a little more simple next time around. are you batch or fly sparging?

Back