Things that were beautiful...that have gone HORRIBLY wrong...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well MTV might take the cake. Thread de-rail?

Let's look at the flip side....Sweet sixteen pregnant Teen.......Real world......then they ruined VH1 (Fuse is OK, much better than MTV is now)

My issue with Fuse is it never comes with any standard cable or satalitte pachage. You always have to upgrade to the "TOP 7000!" package. For 6,994 you will never see or watch.

Maybe just "Cable TV" in general should be on the list. MTV, History, Military, TNT, TMC, HBO, SciFi (SyFy?), Comedy Central, They are all going downhill. I think AMC and Fx are the only 2 which still produce decent shows.

I'm pretty sure you're missing the point here.

I got the point. I think you're missing the point I made. lets drive across SD with the windows up. at first you're like, "Are we coming up on a field of flowers?" and then you're all like, "Why?!? What have I done to deserve this?!? Why doesn't it stop...???"

and fifteen minutes later, you'll go though it again.:rockin:

Megan Fox has gone downhill already????

Oh well, I guess there was nowhere to go from where she was.

also forgot,

Brittney Spears
tara reid
amanda bynes
and every other celeb that has gone off the deep end

edit: added tara reid and removed katie holmes as she has turned things around after getting rid of that weirdo tom cruise

ffaoe said:
also forgot,

Brittney Spears
katie holmes
amanda bynes
and every other celeb that has gone off the deep end

Yes. Remember non-skanky, non-entering public restrooms shoeless, non-white trashy, pre-shaved head craziness Britney Spears? Those were the days.

The Rolling Stones
Olympia Beer
AC/DC
Late night talk shows
The Whopper
Wikipedia
FM radio
Looney Tunes
Free air at gas stations
Free carry-on baggage
Van Halen
Mustaches
Cheap meals and drinks in Vegas
Free parking on Sundays
Cheap outfield seats at baseball games
Riding in the bed of an old pickup truck
Grape Nehi Soda in longneck bottles with pop-tops
Going to the movies
99 cent gas
Tennis shoes under $30
75 cent cans of Schmidt beer at the Alki Tavern
60 Minutes
Volkswagon
Legos
Truck drivers who stayed in the right lane
Motel 6
Hitchhiking
The NBA

When exactly does North Korea fall into the "Things that were Beautiful" part?

Just assume it had to be at some point.

When Kim JONG DONG or whoever was flinging pinecones that became grenades, and shooting fireballs out of his arse, that was probably damned near tear-jerkingly beautiful to behold......

The 3lb block of cheese I keep on the counter for when company comes over.

Lucky bastard.......

I sure feel that way :).

Not to brag (or threadjack) but I couldn't have been prouder last one of her classes I sat through. She had the entire room captivated, asking questions... I kept hearing people whisper "she knows her stuff" and "I had no idea until now"

When they found out I was her husband no less than 6 people came over to me to tell me how much they enjoyed listening to my wife.

/rave

Actually, Cheezy, she's returning from your neck of the carboy tonight. Has a Kroger out there she's been doing week 1 trainings in.

Got caught in a tornado watch on Tuesday night, by the way... said that was a lot of fun.

Actually, Cheezy, she's returning from your neck of the carboy tonight. Has a Kroger out there she's been doing week 1 trainings in.

Got caught in a tornado watch on Tuesday night, by the way... said that was a lot of fun.

:off:Ha! Cool! Maybe you could vid or record audio of her presentation? I can't be the only one who would love a good cheese primer.

CreamyGoodness said:
I sure feel that way :).

Not to brag (or threadjack) but I couldn't have been prouder last one of her classes I sat through. She had the entire room captivated, asking questions... I kept hearing people whisper "she knows her stuff" and "I had no idea until now"

When they found out I was her husband no less than 6 people came over to me to tell me how much they enjoyed listening to my wife.

/rave

Brag all you want cowboy, I've got a super talented wench as well, and I brag constantly. I brag until people tell me to shut up. I brag until people file for separation with their current spouse. ;)

Pretty sure we can just say music. Its dead.

I'd say you have to look around more. It's dead on the radio for the most part, but now with streaming Internet and self-publishing you can find a TON more stuff than you could before, and you don't usually have to buy a whole album to see what they are like.

On a similar note, Pandora before I had to listen to commercials between songs.

I've still GOTTA say, 1 15 second commercial every 30 minutes? AWESOME.

Still, it's all in what you are used to, and I can only imagine how awesome that was.

Cars, and I'm not a car guy, but damn, so few look cool now. With exception, of course, but there's a lot of looks like a Camry out there.

Good new music. Volbeats, Black Keys, Lumineres, Monsters and Men, Mumford and Son, Macklemore.

On a similar note, Pandora before I had to listen to commercials between songs.

Grooveshark ftw, listen to specific songs, no commercials, and a pandora type feature to suggest playlists baswed on listening habits, also great for new/indie/underground stuff

Back