South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 7!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordura

Reaction score
:rockin::drunk:--Here we go with round 7!--:drunk::rockin:
(has it really been that many?)​

THIS GROUP BUY HAS BEEN FILLED

We need 42 bags of grain to complete this order or 41 bags and some hops/misc items.
Read more below on how it all works.

Check out the sales books for pricing:

GRAIN/MALT - NCM Sales Book
HOPS - No Hops will be added to this order.
Note: If you really want bulk hops, hopsdirect.com is much cheaper.

Pick up location:
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

Pick up date/time:
TBA

Current Order: 41 Bags/5lbs misc
Lordura [PAID]: 1/2 CM-WHET
Ferman [PAID]: 1x TF-MOPA, 1/2x GW-C60
dbocha01 [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-WHET, 2x CM-PALE
BuonAnno [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW, 1X BZ-VIEN, 1/2x GW-C60
Dschuetz [PAID]: 2x CM-PALE, 1/2x TF-RSTB, 1/2x TF-BLK
wilceaser [PAID]: 1X TF-MOPA, 1X TF-GPRM
Azurelimits [PAID]: 1 CM-2ROW, 1/2 CM-WHET, 1 TF-MOPA
NAZZ [PAID]: 1x CM-PALE
Ty5592 [PAID]: 1x TF-GPRM, 1/2x TF-RSTB, 1/2x TF-BLK
vanwolfhausen [PAID]: 1x CM-MUNH
bmoor [PAID]: 1x BD-MOPA, 1x CM-PALE, 1x CM-WHET, 1x CM-MUNH
Airborneguy [PAID]: 2x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-WHET, 1x TF-MOPA, 1x CM-RYEM, 1x GW-C60
pickledherring [PAID]: 2x FB-PILS, 1x CM-SPIL, 1x BZ-WHT, 1x CM-WHET, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x FB-PALE, 1x CM-2ROW
robbieo13 [PAID]: 5x DC-SY-D2-1
k4141222 [PAID]: 1x CM-PALE, 1x CM-2ROW
BrewDrinkRepeat [PAID]: 1x TF-MOPA

How it works:
When looking at the sales book, the pricing is in the "2,000# - 4,000#" bracket. Also, figure in about $4/bag for shipping.
Once the pallet has been filled, everyone will get an individual invoice for their order which can be paid via PayPal(preferred), Cash, Check & Money Order.
After all orders have been PAID, the complete pallet order will be scheduled for delivery. (Usually within 7 days)
If you have any other questions, just post here and ask.

Cheers!
:mug:

Jeff - imagine when we hit some large milestones like "Group Buy 25" or "Group Buy 100"

Won't that be crazy? I bet we can do it. LOL

Put me down for a bag of TF Maris Otter. I may add more later but don't tell my wife. LOL

Hey Lordura,

First time doing the bulk buys, got my hops yesterday, need some grain now. Put me down for:

1x CM-2ROW
1x CM-WHET
2x CM-PALE

PM the total and I will hit you up on paypal. Thanks.

Dan

Dan - you will get an invoice once we hit the required 42 bags we need. This way, you still have the option of splitting sacks with someone if you want. For example, sometimes people only want 1/2 or a 1/3 of a specialty grain that you are also interested in.

Just letting you know. Welcome aboard!

Got both of you guys on there.

dbocha01, Welcome to the world of cheap brewing!

Evan would you mind picking my stuff up again if I can't make it? Hopefully I can repay you in something better than an overly sweet Kolsch.

Put me down for 1x CM-2ROW, 1X BZ-VIEN

Anyone interested in splitting some Crystal 60 (GW-C60) too?

I live in virginia but have family in PA, bucks county actually and travel up to the area quite a bit. I haven't been able to find a group buy down here and want to get some bulk grain. I can only make it up there on weekends, would someone be willing to pickup for me/can I pickup on a saturday/sunday?

Cheers

If I can find someone to help me out, put me down for:
1 CM-2ROW
1/2 CM-WHET
1 TF-MOPA

Jeff,
Dont forget to PM Brian P. aka==> brew.drink.repeat.

He wanted in on a sack of TFMO from the last buy.
Thanks

Hello everyone,
Just got all my equipment together and will be attempting my 1st AG batch of beer. Please put me down for 1x CM-PALE. If anyone is in the West Chester, Kennett Square area and picking up please let me know.
Thank you. Brian

I live in virginia but have family in PA, bucks county actually and travel up to the area quite a bit. I haven't been able to find a group buy down here and want to get some bulk grain. I can only make it up there on weekends, would someone be willing to pickup for me/can I pickup on a saturday/sunday?

Cheers

1 CM-2ROW
1/2 CM-WHET
1 TF-MOPA

We can make arrangements to hold your sacks in the Cherry Hill/Merchantville NJ area, as long as it is not for months!

Todd,
I'll split a 1/4 sack of the rye with you.

I sent an email out to my homebrew club. I really want in on this but need to share the transportation expenses. Last buy, no one from up north wanted to join in apparently.

If anyone from the northern parts of Jersey or NY want to get in on this, contact me.

I offered last time, but no one took me up on it. To help you guys out in north Jersey/NY, I can mule it from South Jersey to my home in central NJ (just north of Princeton)...no charge. I'm picking up some bags of my own as part of this group buy. I work near the pickup site, so no big deal on my end.

I sent an email out to my homebrew club. I really want in on this but need to share the transportation expenses. Last buy, no one from up north wanted to join in apparently.

If anyone from the northern parts of Jersey or NY want to get in on this, contact me.

Thanks for the offer, but Princeton is still about an hour for me. Might as well drive the last 25 minutes or so to the pickup site. I'd like to try to get people from around here so that we meet in Woodbridge or something and really defray the costs. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks for the offer, but Princeton is still about an hour for me. Might as well drive the last 25 minutes or so to the pickup site. I'd like to try to get people from around here so that we meet in Woodbridge or something and really defray the costs. Thanks for the offer though.

Princeton is around 40 miles from the pickup site, and with traffic its around an hour drive...

or you could always get together with some guys and make road trip out of it and hit Iron Hill in Maple shade for some brews and dinner before or after the pickup

That's how the conversation started ;)

Looks like my brew club is going to end up ordering a few bags, which will make it economically worthwhile. I should have my order together by tomorrow.

Evan would you mind picking my stuff up again if I can't make it? Hopefully I can repay you in something better than an overly sweet Kolsch.

Put me down for 1x CM-2ROW, 1X BZ-VIEN

Anyone interested in splitting some Crystal 60 (GW-C60) too?

Sure thing Pat. That is no problem at all. I will pick up your stash and we can meet up again like last time. By the way, the Kolsch definitely got better with age. Had one last night with krelja and it was much better than the first taste. In fact, it was delicious!

I will split the 60L with you. That works out perfectly.

Maybe this time I can bring the wife and kid and we can do lunch at Landmark or something. :)

Cheers

1 CM-2ROW
1/2 CM-WHET
1 TF-MOPA

Hi Azure,

I can pick up your grain if you want. No problem. I usually pick up for a few guys that are not local and some that are local that have other obligations. We can make arrangements to meet up somewhere or you can just pick up from my house in Williamstown, NJ. Just hook me up with a couple bottles of your home brew and we'll call it even. :)

Twoodward and I keep figuring how much we need. I will prolly only take 10lbs. I wish they had C20-120 so we could all split 5lbs of each.:)

Like I said in an earlier post, I will split some of that rye. 1/4 sack is a lot, but I'll bite the bullet and do a 1/4 if it helps get the rye on the pallet.

Ok, I'm definitely in on this one. Here's my order so far:

2x Canada Malting Two-Row
1x Canada Malting Wheat
1x Thomas Fawcett's Maris Otter
1x Canada Malting Rye
1x Great Western Two Row Crystal 60

I might be putting in 3 more bags, just waiting for the answer from my friend. Thanks!

Airborneguy, i have added your order.

Vanwolfhausen, page 22 of the sales book has all the crystal malts. C15 - C150

That puts us at 29 bags... not bad considering the last group buy just delivered 6 days ago!

There is still 1/2 bag Rye up for grabs. (1/4x lordura, 1/4 OLDBREW/Twoodward15) I think that's right?

Back