New England Homebrewers Jamboree Saturday Sept 12th, 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah... like you're fitting into a tent. It would look like a tent colored snake was eating you and sh!tting you out at the same time. Hey, that might be a good thing for me. If nay bears come into camp they'll think you're a human sausage, go after you and leave my tent alone.

No, I wouldn't count on that if I were you. I'll be over at your tent site all weekend anyway, hanging out with my best buddy. We can have a campfire and sit around it at ngiht and sing camp songs like Kumbya. I'll bring my guitar and genuine Bob Dylan harmonica holder. Ohh, ohhh, ohhh! We can make S'mores, too!

Here's a song I made up for the weekend. Everyone knows the tune, it goes to "Micheal Rowed the Boat Ashore."

I'll start with the first verse,

"Cape Brewing likes little boys,
Ped-o-phil-ia,
Cape Brewing likes little boys,
Ped -o- phe-e-lia."

Babalu, you come in here and we'll sing it as a round.

"Cape Brewing likes little boys,
Ped-o-phil-ia.
Cape Brewing likes little boys,
Ped-o-phe-e-lia"

Ok, now everyone join in...

"Cape Brewing likes little boys..."

Oh man Brian, we're going to have so much fun! I can hardly wait till the weekend!

PTN

Not all of 'em... just a few. We boiled them up and SWMBO made lobster bac & cheese outta a few. Damn that's good stuff. Brie with some crisped up pancetta with some lobster meat. Good stuff.

Not all of 'em... just a few. We boiled them up and SWMBO made lobster bac & cheese outta a few. Damn that's good stuff. Brie with some crisped up pancetta with some lobster meat. Good stuff.

Thats nice, at least you made something the two of you could enjoy without thinking of anyone else.

that's crap! I tried to make it up to you guys Sunday night (not that Friday night was my fault to begin with) and I got the silent treatment!

Crap?

I told you my wife was working an overnight shift Saturday INTO Sunday so Sunday wouldnt be an option anyway.
Must have got lost in the Gloucester/Boston shuffle in yer head.

Seriously, dont worry about it.
Its not like Lobster is my wifes favorite food or anything.......................its only 1A

That lobster mac sounds pretty good, I might try that some time. Hey where is the meeting tonight?

It was at Brians humble abode

We had a presentation on SOWAH BEEAHS!

Good time, funny to look around at a meeting that started with 18 guys and one by one during the drinking of the SOWAH BEEAHS the were dropping like flies :mug:
By the end there were only about 7 of us still there :drunk:

Did some blending that made some of us go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rockin:

Few things

CB makes a hell of a breakfast even though it cost our club winning the peoples choice because breakfast was late and we were late in getting set up. No braggin rights for us, thanks CB

We have a WARRIOR in our club. Guy was crab walking two nights in a row to his tent and then rises from the ashes hours later to start popping corks on double digit ABV beers with whoever was left at the campfire.

We have a quiet one that is a laugh riot once he gets a few in his system. Party on dude, party on.

I told all of you to pace yourself Friday night, good job listening........ at least only one of you puked.

Dropping the meatballs = EPIC FAIL!

Most beers on tap at the beer garden
SSBC bishes!
10 including one on the beer engine

Be there or be square in 2010

Few things

CB makes a hell of a breakfast even though it cost our club winning the peoples choice because breakfast was late and we were late in getting set up. No braggin rights for us, thanks CB

That's crap... I rallied like a champ to get that breakfast made and it was top notch stuff and I was so hurtin' I couldn't even freakin' eat it! And our second place finish had ZERO to do with me... maybe if a certain brewer had brought more than a gallon of the stuff we wouldn't have run out half way through the day... and that was after we were supposedly late!!

We have a WARRIOR in our club. Guy was crab walking two nights in a row to his tent and then rises from the ashes hours later to start popping corks on double digit ABV beers with whoever was left at the campfire.

I was blown away... seriously... it was absolutely effin astonishing. You forgot to mention that he actually fell on top of his tent Saturday night (and i swear I heard a tent pole snap) and then rallied a few hours later.

We have a quiet one that is a laugh riot once he gets a few in his system. Party on dude, party on.

I told all of you to pace yourself Friday night, good job listening........ at least only one of you puked.

Hey... the puker wasn't me... Jesus, I haven't puked in a lotta years.

yeah, that was a huge fail. The 98 pounds of grease soaked meat that we ate between everything else was an epic WIN though.

SSBC bishes!

All in all it was a tremendous weekend... SSBC representin'

In the intrest of complete disclosure I feel it's important to note that I was nowhere near this event.

I also was noticing how often CB gets blamed for failures. I find that very interesting. He genearally deflects blame by pointing the finger at someone else and copping to a lesser charge. Very interesting.

PTN

That's crap... I rallied like a champ to get that breakfast made and it was top notch stuff and I was so hurtin' I couldn't even freakin' eat it! And our second place finish had ZERO to do with me... maybe if a certain brewer had brought more than a gallon of the stuff we wouldn't have run out half way through the day... and that was after we were supposedly late!!

Were late, no big deal.
Next year I'll go around and get a calcutta going and we'll have at least two beer engines :rockin:

Other clubs had stamps in their cups when we were setting up (we meaning me, Frank and SG) so we were behind from the start.

Running out had nothing to do with it, half the girls that put stamps in our cup were telling me "this is for that Golden Ale"

All in all a GREAT TIME, next year Frank and I will have our breakfast on the road (IE delivered)

Welp... if that was the case, maybe you shouldn't have made me drink so much Friday night. I kept telling guys, "Hey, we have a long day tomorrow. We want to put our best foot forward and make the club proud!" ... and you kept saying, "Eff the club!! Open that bottle of Westy Twelve!! DO IT!!! And open some barleywine!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!! Let's do funnels of RIS!!!"

I distinctly remember that.

I was like, "wow, we came all the way up here to build a great reputation for our club and all you want to do is drink??"

and you were like, "MORE ALCOHOL!!!! NOW!!!!"

I just didn't want you to drink alone so I had a couple as well.

That's how I remember it.

In the intrest of complete disclosure I feel it's important to note that I was nowhere near this event.

I also was noticing how often CB gets blamed for failures. I find that very interesting. He genearally deflects blame by pointing the finger at someone else and copping to a lesser charge. Very interesting.

PTN

Know what is even more interesting? Trying to figure out where you buy your 54 in waist and 15 inch leg pants.... Are those bad boys specially made?? Is there an oompa loompa store somewhere that normal people don't know about? Do you buy "normal" pants and take 'em to a tailor? What's a pair of pants like that even COST? I guess you could just buy really big pairs of shorts and have the legs tapered in or something. How... the... F... do you do it???

Welp... if that was the case, maybe you shouldn't have made me drink so much Friday night. I kept telling guys, "Hey, we have a long day tomorrow. We want to put our best foot forward and make the club proud!" ... and you kept saying, "Eff the club!! Open that bottle of Westy Twelve!! DO IT!!! And open some barleywine!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!! Let's do funnels of RIS!!!"

I distinctly remember that.

I was like, "wow, we came all the way up here to build a great reputation for our club and all you want to do is drink??"

and you were like, "MORE ALCOHOL!!!! NOW!!!!"

I just didn't want you to drink alone so I had a couple as well.

That's how I remember it.

Dude, you have issues.
We're all adults. Besides, the Westy was opened pretty early in the evening. I didnt even realize we had a #1 Allagash Triple until I got home and soaked the labels off the bottles :rockin:

Seriously, at three clams an entry we (club peeps) need to enter more beers next year.

Well... the Westy was opened for ligit reasons... it's not a bottle you want to open at 2:00AM after you've had everything else and we didn't want to open it after being at the jamboree all day Saturday.... the problem was the Westy opened the flood gates for everything else and next thing you know there were top notch bottles flyin' outta everywhere.

Yeah, I'm with ya on getting more entries in but at the same time, why don't we do that more often for "regular" competitions as a club? Yeah this one is pretty cheap but on the flip side, it's not judged by real judges. I would rather have one of my beers win in another competition than that one.

Well... the Westy was opened for ligit reasons... it's not a bottle you want to open at 2:00AM after you've had everything else and we didn't want to open it after being at the jamboree all day Saturday.... the problem was the Westy opened the flood gates for everything else and next thing you know there were top notch bottles flyin' outta everywhere.

Yeah, I'm with ya on getting more entries in but at the same time, why don't we do that more often for "regular" competitions as a club? Yeah this one is pretty cheap but on the flip side, it's not judged by real judges. I would rather have one of my beers win in another competition than that one.

Enter as a club or just enter more competitions?

To enter as a club it needs to be a group brew.

Winning at that competition tells you that your beer stood out amongst the crowd. I dont know if I would have sent that Baltic Porter to other competitions had it not won at the jamboree. There are enough brewers and even judges sitting at the tables giving advice feedback to people that might need help. I know that from judging the first few years I went.

The NEHBC is coming up in October, a very well run competiton.
Had my swag the week after the competition and scoresheets the following Monday.
http://www.bfd.org/NERHBC/

I have at least 4 beers going (Kolsch, that Wit from the Jamboree, DAHKNESS IPA and a Marzen)
Making a Dunkelweizen Sunday that should be done AND fresh (key for a hefe) if it is thats going too.

God, I miss New England :(
Me too, and I'm sorta still in new england. Southern CT doesn't count though :(

Few things

SSBC bishes!

Damn, I'm really kicking myself for not being able to go to this. I talked to the owner of Fermentation station about a month or two ago about this event, and I was on the e-mail list but couldn't make it.

I'd love to situate this puppy for next year. See if we can get a big crowd to go. The hope is I will be living in MA or NH by that time, so I should be able to go. No pictures of the event?

Huh... that's funny... I don't think a single one of us had a camera... how the hell did we manage that?

.... although... that was probably a smart move.

Me too, and I'm sorta still in new england. Southern CT doesn't count though :(

Damn, I'm really kicking myself for not being able to go to this. I talked to the owner of Fermentation station about a month or two ago about this event, and I was on the e-mail list but couldn't make it.

I'd love to situate this puppy for next year. See if we can get a big crowd to go. The hope is I will be living in MA or NH by that time, so I should be able to go. No pictures of the event?

Its the same time every year
Weekend after Labor Day weekend, book it now.

I took two pictures with my camera phone, too busy pouring for the masses while CB milked his hangover

Oh c'mon... I wasn't exactly the only one running a little slow on Saturday morning. And when did we make the rule that MY breakfast had to be Saturday morning? Why couldn't we have the other stuff and I make my breakfast Sunday?

... pfft... last time I volunteer to make breakfast... dats fo sho'.

Oh c'mon... I wasn't exactly the only one running a little slow on Saturday morning. And when did we make the rule that MY breakfast had to be Saturday morning? Why couldn't we have the other stuff and I make my breakfast Sunday?

... pfft... last time I volunteer to make breakfast... dats fo sho'.

Oh no, your breakfast man just like I am smoked meats man

FO LIFE brotha dahkness, you are the breakfast man.
We're thinking over easy eggs on sausage hash with french toast for 2010 :rockin:

Sunday breakfast is a no-no because hanging around Sunday AM is a no-no.
No showers and hit the road.
Reason, 9 times out of ten there is a Patriots game that Sunday

Besides, you wouldnt have been in great shape one morning anyway.
:drunk:

Damn, sounds like a good time, bros. Can't wait until life settles down a little bit more and I can start hitting events like this again; been far too long since I've done drunken-camping.

Back