Finally At Capacity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
brs.jpg

I guess in a pinch I could use one of my buckets, and my brother is still borrowing one of my carboys, but yeah, I guess I'm taking a break.

And the bonus: with the exception of the cider, they're all styles I've never done before...munich dunkel, american strong amber, belgian golden strong, rauchbier, flanders red, kriek. So far, every one's a winner, too. Now I just have to start kicking some kegs to make room. Man, I can't wait to have rauchbier on tap. Talk about awesomeness.

Bravo.

I was pretty happy a week ago. I had 13 out of 14 carboys full (2 beers, 2 ciders, 1 hard lemonade, 8 wines).

I'm kida feeling like a slacker here...not counting what's on tap...1 keg beer, 1 keg apfelwein, 2 carboys Apfelwein, 3 Carboys beer, 6 meads, and a wine...And I can't find a DAMN thing to take to the GABF tomorrow for swaps!

What would be really impressive is if they were all in Blitchman Fermenators!:rockin:

Whether I spend $20 on a better bottle or $600 on a Blichmann, I still get delicious beer. Except in the latter case, I have a maxed out credit card and can't afford groceries, much less more grain for more beer. Nice as those things are, they are more of a conveniences issue than a quality one, and I'm not willing to spend $600 for convenience. The two things that are most important in making good beer are fermentation temps and pitching rates. And neither of those things require a $600 fermenter.

I must admite, im envious. Since i started brewing 7 bbls at a time at the my brewery the home stock has started to dwindle.:(

Last weekend was the first time the blichmann had anything in it for 10 weeks.

I think i saw it cry.

very impressive. You have 5 Gallons less beer sitting right there than I've made since I started in January. these all 5 gallon bathces or any of them doubles from a 10 gallon batch?

very impressive. You have 5 Gallons less beer sitting right there than I've made since I started in January. these all 5 gallon bathces or any of them doubles from a 10 gallon batch?

I only do 5 gallons at a time. Like to try new things, so...yeah.

I've done about 170 gallons in calendar year 2008. 81 batches total since I started in July 2006, I think.

Evan, you are a machine my man. I doubt I'll ever see all my kegs filled much less ever see all 6 of my fermenters going at once. So much brewing to do, so little time.

Keep it up my man.

And I agree completely regarding the Blingman' fermenators'. Pretty sure. Necessary? Not so much. For the prices of one of those things I can buy a lifetime supply of buckets.

you guys have taken this homebreweing illness to a new level!

I thought i was sick with 2 primaries, 2 5-gallon carboys, and a 3-gallon apfelwein going at one time...

guess I'm only slightly-sick...the illness can get much worse!

Back