Ferm Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
I've been working on this for a while. I got the box and mini fridge for free. I insulated it and sealed it with RTV and vent tape. I put weather stripping in between the fridge and the box. I still have to add a fan for air circulation, but it's pretty much done.

image-3681955849.jpg

image-669345639.jpg

image-3564908242.jpg

image-867817269.jpg

Unless you are utilizing some of the factory refrigerator space as ferm space why don't you just gut it and mount the compressor to the chamber on the side with the cooling coil interior to the box. It'd save some space. They're not hard to tear apart I have one 90% torn apart to do the exact same thing. I'll be using it as a ferm chamber as well as a cask cooler with with a place to bolt the beer engine on a shelf.

I didn't want to tear the fridge apart because the only thing I'm using it for is fermentation. Plus this way I can replace the fridge pretty easy if it goes bad. I also wanted the space in case I am fermenting two beers at once.

Back