So I went on a little beer field trip last night...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowbie

Reaction score
I bought 3 singles of eight different beers to 'research' which types of beer I like. I go to New Holland Brewery often so I've tried all of their mainstays and most of their seasonals, but I haven't tried too many beers from other breweries. I tried to stick to styles I haven't had before, so this is what I came up with:

An ESB (From a Pennsylvania Brewery...can't remember which off the top of my head)
Dragonmead Final Absolution Trippel
Anchor Steam Beer
Short's Soft Parade (Mostly for SWMBO, but I'll try one)
Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard
Founder's Red's Rye PA
Founder's Breakfast Stout
Founder's Double Trouble DIPA

I am eager to try all of these and am trying to pace myself because I can't afford to go out and buy more too soon. I tried the Double Trouble last night and liked it, and SWMBO tried Anchor Steam and LOVED it.

The Arrogant Bastard, Red's Rye, and Soft Parade are next on the list.
:mug:

I wish I could go to the beer festival, but I don't think that's quite going to fit in the budget... Going to grad school next year and I am not making the millions I had hoped to be at this point in my life. :D

For $35 advanced you get 15 drink tokens and each token is good for one 3 ounce beer sample. Additional tokens are available for purchase inside the Festival for 50 cents each.

I'd say it's worth it. Eat ramen noodles for a week and you've got $35 to spend on Beer Fest!

Quite honestly it's going to come down to brewing my IPA or going to the beer festival. I'd rather drink five gallons of my own beer than 45 ounces of someone else's.

Back