Dual body regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edcculus

Reaction score
I just got my new keg setup from keg connection. I upgraded to the dual body regulator. Quick question about how its supposed to work.

The right hand regulator is currently hooked up to a keg. The left one is not. As you can see, the left one is cranked up to 30psi to quickly carb my Kolsch (its been lagering, and I'm getting impatient!).

It seems to be working good. I even dialed it down to 5 psi to dispense a little beer for a quick taste.

Now what is the guage on the end supposed to tell me? Its currently not reading anything. If it means anything, the plate with the numbers printed on it is kind of bent. I wouldn't think that would hurt it though.
regulator2.jpg

Is it supposed to be reading 0 with a newly filled tank?? If not, is it easy to fix? I know Keg Connection has great customer service. It just sucks having a new toy and having to send it back.

You may be able to unscrew or pop off the clear plastic cover and bend that thin metal back just enough. It's definitely supposed to read about 500-1000psi depending on the ambient temp.

Great, that worked. I suspected that was the problem, but I didn't want to break it any further.

I think I'm cursed. Every expensive peice of equipment I ever buy (work or personal life) is broken in some way forcing me to tear it apart in some way. Oh well, I guess I learn a lot about the equipment that way.

Latest posts

Back