N. St. Paul Brew (Back On!) JAN 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee John

Swing the BIG hammer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, after much trials and tribulation... the N.St. Paul Brewday is back on.

Come and get to know other local brewers in the area. Last year was a great success so we decided to do it again.

When: Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 10AM-till?
Where: PM me for location and details
Who's coming: As it sits, we've got 4 experienced AG brewers, 6 extract brewers who have brewed previously, and a handful of interested new brewers.

Haul your rig over! We've got 110v and 220v power available. Good water, & great information.

Nick with a local heating company will be bringing specialized CO detection equipment to demonstrate the proper gas burner configurations to avoid CO poisoning.

Sean has been beta testing the BCS-460 unit, and will be giving demonstrations as well as brewing with the unit.

(Also, a possible visit from a special "Award winning" guest) who can talk about recipes and preparing beer for judging.

Don't have your own equipment? no worry, bring a kit and a carboy and we'll get you brewing.

We've got 8 taps open for home brew and plenty of food.

There is a small cost for those in attendance but sampling brew and food are free.

We've got limited space so RSVP will be required.

PM me for details!
hope to see you there!

-John

The brewday is under way! Pics to follow.
So far it's Nicksteck, Slnies, Breakman Brewing, Ego Archive, Digital Static, and a few other non-HBT friends. Shaping up to be a good day.

It was great brew day, I had a blast! :mug:

Getting to see everyone's rig firsthand was was cool, and John's brew house was really well setup. I can't wait until the next one.

I took a couple pictures with the phone, but they sucked, and I saw other photo's being taken, so I'm hoping those will show up. Thanks for letting us invade your space and drink your beer John! :rockin:

Oh, I'm so jealous! Someday I'm going to invite myself and come on over there.

Please post pictures!

Oh, there will be Pics soon... just got to get over this killer hangover... got so wrecked. Finally got to bed about 1 Am.... woke up heaving at 6 am.... been touch and go ever since. It really was a blast! Time to start planning a summer version!

Thanks for the hospitality there John, had a great time as well. Sounds like I left before the real druck fun started!

I only got to snap a couple photos yesterday but here they are until John gets more online.

GEDC0128.jpg

Johns rig again, and Nicks rig along the wall in the left corner
GEDC0130.jpg

the brew day was great, i had great time but i wish i could remember the whole night, wanted to thank Sean and John for helping me finish my brew, i was having a hard time finding my rig in a 26X26 GARAGE

Nick

the brew day was great, i had great time but i wish i could remember the whole night, wanted to thank Sean and John for helping me finish my brew, i was having a hard time finding my rig in a 26X26 GARAGE

Nick
Time to re-institute the "no beer till after the mash" rule. (this was originally instituted because my old HeRMS system had a propensity for blowing hoses sending hot wort everywhere.... slow reaction time could mean the difference in gallons saved!)

Here are some of the Pics... Slnies has many more to post.

from left to right... here's the crew:

Seabee John (John), Nicksteck (Nick), Slnies (Sean), Breakman Brewing (Tony), Ego Archive (Jeff), Rick (Breakman Brewings Dad), Digital Static (David)

brewday011.JPG

more to follow (Ran out of time... gotta get to class)

Ok, time to post more:

brewday001.JPG

David and Jeff crushing their grain for an IPA

brewday002.JPG

Sean, Tony and Rick enjoying conversation and brew

brewday003.JPG

David and Jeff during the mash

brewday004.JPG

Nicks new machine getting ready for the maiden voyage

More:

brewday005.JPG

Nick and his machine

brewday006.JPG

The brew brothers by Nicks machine (Can you tell the thing was pretty popular? Worked like a charm too-even though the night before, when Nick wasn't looking, Sean and I got to know his Rig "In a biblical sense")

brewday007.JPG

Tim, (In gray) the 2008 Minnesota State Fair Homebrew Competition winner for "Best of Show" even stopped by to share some of his brew, knowledge and advice.

And then the after party begins....

brewday008.JPG

Hey! there isn't any thing in here!

brewday010.JPG

The eye's tell it all!

brewday009.JPG

And the Man of the Day, after he couldn't find his mouth with a Jag shot!

brewday011.JPG

All in all, I'd say we had an awesome time.... This crew was a blast!

Thanks for posting those up John. Here are a couple I snapped with the phone.

BoilingBrew.JPG

An action shot! Apparently the wort wasn't the only thing moving around...

SeanAndHAL.JPG

I'm not sure if Sean was messing around with the "system", as far as I can tell not only will this thing brew your beer, but it will monitor your house, and make you a cup of coffee.

I swear at one point it said "Just what do you think you're doing, Sean?".

Hopefully I'll have a system to tote along to the next one.

Latest posts

Back