First Pale Ale and First Wheat!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
Here they are...the first two beers:

Summer Citrus Wheat:
DSCF0005.JPG

Spring Forward Pale Ale:
DSCF0128.JPG

Both have been fantastic, and I'm completely hooked on the home brew. I never thought my beers would be this good, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Next up is another Pale Ale but this time I used some Willamette hops to compliment the Cascades. It's got about another 4 days in the primary...don't know yet if I'll secondary.

Lookin good!!!

Who knew that you could have this much fun making something that tastes so good?!?!

I'd recommend 2 weeks in secondary for the APA that you have going. I normally rack everything to secondary for at least 2 weeks (including wheats...my taps are my bottleneck - I need more!)

Even wheats huh? I think I'll definitely go for the APA in the secondary because I'd like to get a clearer beer. For the wheat, it sure would be nice to add some fruit extract or fresh oranges into the secondary. I've seen a few threads about it, but I think I'll try a few more beers before I get too crazy.

The saying "Walk before you run" has been a good one for me in my home brew endeavors. I'd like to brew up a few more "standard" brews before I start trying anything radical. At this point I'm thinking a brown ale, english stout, lager, and an IPA. However, at any moment I may decide to finish my Igloo cooler mash tun project and go all grain! Thanks for the replies! :mug:

I don't like fruit in my beers, but that is just me. I like that all grain goodness!

Back