Damn you, HBT veterans.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freisste

Reaction score
So I've read a hundred times that my brew would be better with a little time, but being new I was very impatient. So I tried my brew and it was good. So I kept drinking. What do the experienced members know?

Flash forward about three months. Just finished my last 22oz of my first brew (a two hearted clone). It was better than any of the previous. Currently eating crow. My apologies to the veterans. You were right (as usual).

hahahahahaha...

You will learn grasshopper.........

Patience is the hardest thing to learn about this hobby....

Build a pipeline and you will be golden.

The first stout I ever made was a Guiness Draught clone. It was average at best. I dutifully drank up most of the bottles knowing the next would be better. Made a few other beers and forgot about the last two stouts at the bottom of the pile.

Fast forward one year. Average went to pretty darn good. Time wounds all heals. Or is that backwards? :mug:

I set aside two beers from each batch I have made (kinda like Noah) that I consume after 6 months just to see if there is a significant difference.

Even us veterans have a hard time keeping to our own advice. It's tough to keep a good batch very long.

Surprising thread title ha ha. I agree I am often impatient but it pays off every time I wait which is why I try to give it time and have some good drinks on hand to buy my time per se.

hahahahahaha...

You will learn grasshopper.........

Patience is the hardest thing to learn about this hobby....

Build a pipeline and you will be golden.

I disagree. I was really patient right from the get-go.

Of course, I might be confusing patience with laziness... :D

Man, am I the only one here who at any given time has between 14 and 20 cases of ready to drink homebrew but always wants to sample the latest batch at 10 or 12 days?

Man, am I the only one here who at any given time has between 14 and 20 cases of ready to drink homebrew but always wants to sample the latest batch at 10 or 12 days?

No. Well I do not have the pipeline you do, but I am sure most of us cheat because we are excited to see how this last batch turned out. That is one of the reasons I like to keg now. I make myself finish a keg before I throw the next on tap. Well, except for when I switch to a different one for a little taste.

I've probably got 25 to 30 cases of full bottles. last weekend I opened a 1 week old bottle. This weekend I opened 2 from that same batch..

fnord said:

Guilty as well........

No. Well I do not have the pipeline you do, but I am sure most of us cheat because we are excited to see how this last batch turned out. That is one of the reasons I like to keg now. I make myself finish a keg before I throw the next on tap. Well, except for when I switch to a different one for a little taste.

This is exactly what I do. I have my kegs ordered so all of my beers (except for the IPA's) see a fair bit of time in the keg before they are used.

I only have 2 taps but I still seem to churn through the stockpile fairly fast, especially when I have the family over.

Back