My other yeast adventures...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melana

Up to no good....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with sourdough starters and making some fantastic breads and rolls.

My rolls before they went into the oven:

0092.JPG

They are in the oven now and I will photograph them when they are done. My whole house smells like sourdough... it's a beautiful thing!

I'm building up my starter into a nice sponge so i will have enough yeast for a large batch of rolls this weekend.

Did you do a bulk rest or did you put the dough in the pan first? How long did you let them rest and were they in the fridge or at room temp?

I've decided that long overnight rests for my sourdough pretzels was too annoying so I now suppliment the sourdough with baker's yeast so I can make a batch within 3 hours. Blasphemy!!

Bobby_M said:
Did you do a bulk rest or did you put the dough in the pan first? How long did you let them rest and were they in the fridge or at room temp?

I bulk aged the dough overnight (also called retarding the dough) then allowed the entire mass to sit out all day (our temps were in the 60's-70's). I then shaped the rolls and let them sit for about an hour (in this case not long enough) at room temperature.

Latest posts

Back