deg L to/from EBC conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hi there

Is there a reason why neither Beersmith nor Promash are able to convert between SRM/L and EBC?

I'll continue to work with lots of German malts and they give the color in EBC. But I want to use Beersmith to put together the recipes and it looks to me as if this is a basic thing for these programs to do. It's not as easy as converting US to metric but not unreasonably hard (you could even use a look-up table).

Does anyone know a formula/table that is good for a broad range (0...2000 EBC) ?

Kai

Kai said:
Hi there

Is there a reason why neither Beersmith nor Promash are able to convert between SRM/L and EBC?

I'll continue to work with lots of German malts and they give the color in EBC. But I want to use Beersmith to put together the recipes and it looks to me as if this is a basic thing for these programs to do. It's not as easy as converting US to metric but not unreasonably hard (you could even use a look-up table).

Does anyone know a formula/table that is good for a broad range (0...2000 EBC) ?

Kai

try this: SRM/LOVIBOND/ASBC=(EBC+1.2)/2.65. that should be close.

DeRoux's Broux said:
try this: SRM/LOVIBOND/ASBC=(EBC+1.2)/2.65. that should be close.

I read in one of the Papazian books that this formula only works for the lower SRM/EBC range.

Kai

that's the formula in New Brewing Lager Beer. doesn't say anything about it not working for the lower SRM range. probably as close as you'll get.....

DeRoux's Broux said:
that's the formula in New Brewing Lager Beer. doesn't say anything about it not working for the lower SRM range. probably as close as you'll get.....

Thanks,

It's still dumb that they didn't implement this neither in Beersmith nor ProMash :mad:

Kai

Back