AHB 2-Row Shipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgtg

Reaction score
Ordered 5lbs of 2-row from AHB and just wanted to ask you all if having some powder to the texture seems normal. I have never ordered base malt before and wanted to be cautious as I near my first PM this Saturday and didn't want to create problems.

-Using a regular grain bag (musilin) with other grains, will this leach too much?

- If I batch sparge from my proposed (this week baby, this week) 3 gallon MLT's SS braid, am I looking a stuck spargening...? (Ha!)

Some of you see so much of this stuff, it just looks a little fine to me...

Oh, by the way, I'll be brewing a stout so I'm not in the least worried about clarity...

I would guess that it would be best to get most of the powder out of there, but it's a good question...I never bothered to try to get rid of any of the powder from the steeping grains on my previous brews

I have my first PM this weekend too

yup flour's not a big deal...don't worry about it!

On saterday I mashed 3lb of red wheat and 1lb of 2row in my 2gal MLT with SS braid and had no sparge problems

Good luck on your first PM....the one on Saterday was my first PM but I had done 3 AG before that

Back