Basic 1 dme recipe anyone have one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesecake

Reaction score
I have a bag of golden light extract. ive been making a cream ale with that and dextrose but i ran out of dextrose and dont have time to go to the brew store but i need to brew a batch of beer for my uncle. has anyone ever just used dme and hops to brew a basic ale....every recipe i find has a addition.

thanks in advance

Sounds like you don't really have other options, just brew it. It'll be beer. I brewed a batch once with 8 lbs of pilsner lme just to see what it would taste like and it was okay. Not at all interesting but I drank it. Doing it that way will give you a very good sense of the base you are working with. If you want to get adventurous you could try adding something from your cupboard such as molasses or honey.

It wont be beer for me it doesnt have to be amazing beer because my uncle drinks about anything so im not worried about it being great. well ill give it a try this weekend when i brew my porter ill brew 10 gallons of just dme and hops

As of right now i have nothing but i may have to head to the brew store and pick up some other things so it may be a bitter

A bitter is a good bet...I have yet to brew one, but plan to this weekend or the next. It is a quick beer since it is low alcohol, just takes more time to bottle carb then actually fermenting haha

Back