Dallas Area Breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schemy

Reaction score
I'll be in Dallas all next week, staying near DFW Airport. Was wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations on breweries or brew pubs to check out.

Thanks

Here are a few I recommend.

Breweries
Deep Ellum Brewing Company - 2821 St Louis Street, Dallas
Peticolas Brewing Company - 2026 Farrington St, Dallas
Community Beer Company - 1530 Inspiration Dr, Dallas
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company - 701 Galveston Ave, Fort Worth

Brew Pubs
Humperdinks Texas LLC - 6050 Greenville Ave, Dallas
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - 8060 Park Ln, Dallas
Humperdinks Restaurant and Sports Bar - 2208 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas
The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium 14999 Montfort Drive, Dallas
The Ginger Man - 2718 Boll St, Dallas
World of Beer - 5600 SMU Blvd, Dallas

You have to hit up The Common Table (in Uptown) and The Meddlesome Moth (in the Design District). Easily my favorite beer places in the city. Flying Saucer and Gingerman (previously mentioned) are good too.

Peticolas only does tours on the first and third Saturdays, but the others do them every weekend. DEBC also has a Thursday tour and Rahr also does a Wednesday tour.

If you're willing to go to Fort Worth for Rahr, you might as well go check out Martin House.

PM me if you want any more details.

All good recommendations.

You said staying near the airport. Probably a 5min drive you've got Uncle Bucks. It's a microbrewery steak house attached to bass pro shop. I think they have pretty good beer and consider them a hidden gem. Let me know what you think if you go.

Great replies above. I also recommend visiting Craft and Growler in the Fair Park area- only 27 taps, but most are local. Drink by the pint or take a growler to the hotel. Or both.

By the way, Lakewood Temptess and Peticolas Velvet Hammer are must-haves in Dallas. They are worth hunting down.

Lakewood Rock Ryder, too. Southern Star, Jester King and Revolver (esp Blood and Honey) if you're looking for some take home, or just plan on drinking a lot. :drunk:

Hit Humpedinks last night, didn't realize it was a Big Horn Brewing chain. The beer wasn't horrible, but sucked drinking my IPA from a frosted mug.

Trying to get the group to hit either Meddlesome Moth or The Common Table for dinner tonight.

It's the middle of North Texas Beer Week, lucky you! Common Table is pulling out some of their cellar beers at 5:30 and the Moth is doing a New Belgium La Folie tapping at 5:00.

We hit Uncle Bucks last night. I had an IPA and their Sportsman Ale. Both were good beers, nothing I'm really going to write home about. Better than the offerings at Humperdinks.

Tonight we will hit The Common Table, and I get to try some better stuff.

Tonight at The Common Table is a tap take over by my favorite local brewery, Peticolas. Michael Peticolas will be there and he is quite a character. Velvet Hammer is a must try from him.

Schemy said:
We hit Uncle Bucks last night. I had an IPA and their Sportsman Ale. Both were good beers, nothing I'm really going to write home about. Better than the offerings at Humperdinks. Tonight we will hit The Common Table, and I get to try some better stuff.

Glad you stopped in. I like their stuff but you're right it's not amazing but I do think solid and its an awesome place to watch the cowboys games.

Wish you tried their holiday porter - I like that one a lot.

Went to The Common Table last night, and tried 3 different Peticolas beers and the Temptress.

Peticolas Beers
Rye't On Rye Pale Ale
Velvet Hammer
Wintervention

All 3 were very good. Velvet Hammer was my favorite out of everything I tasted. I was really impressed with Wintervention as well. I generally am not one for spiced ales, but found their light hand with the spice really well done. Got to talk to Mike (?) for a bit as well.

Also the food at The Common Table was really good, good beer selection, and good atmosphere. It'll be a must hit next time I'm in town.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I just wish I would have been able to try more. Keep wanting to hit Deep Ellum, but never have the time.

Glad you got to go! The Temptress is my second favorite Dallas beer behind Velvet Hammer.

Michael is pretty cool. I got to volunteer at the brewery when I had to take a week off from work.

I met Michael at The Flying Saucer once. Cool guy. I was drinking Irish Hammers- a red and tan of Velvet Hammer and Murphy's Stout. Sounds odd, but tastes great. He was a little skeptical of me drinking his beer mixed that way.

Back