Looking for my first burner...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
Planning on asking Santa for a burner for Christmas, as I am moving to all grain. Odds are, I'll be using a 40-42 quart stainless pot.

Would love some suggestions on a quality burner. Yes, I can Google. Yes, I've checked Amazon and various homebrew suppliers... but I'd like opinions from this community.

I'm not looking for the cheapest option (as evidenced by my choice of stainless for a pot), but I have no interest in paying 2-3 times as much for product A if product B is comperable.

Your input is appreciated!

I've really been impressed with my 10" banjos, which I pulled from 2 Bayou Classic KAB4 burners. Cheers!

Not one with a single big flame in the middle! The next one I buy will be the Blichman Burner with the leg extensions. Totally worth the money in the long run, especially being able to transfer to fermentor right from the burner. Even without the leg extensions it's a super quite and efficient burner.

Yeah the SQ14 is a very good burner for the money. I have one and use it for my 15 gallon HLT. I also have a KAB6 for my brew kettle. The KAB6 is built much heavier and has much more power. But the SQ14 is plenty good and will do pretty much all you need.

I have these in boxes unopened .. Decided to switch to electric

Cast Iron Banjo Burner 10" (burner only) 1114P 3 $119.97
Regulator Kit for Banjo Burner 30 - PSI 7627P 1 $26.99

Will sell all 4 items for $120.00 plus shipping

TwoDogBrew said:

This is pretty damn good deal. I've got 2 KAB4 mounts (no burners) I'm selling for $50 shipped... if anyone's interested in combining

I am interested in these, could you please pm me more info?

Thanks!

+1 on the Blichmann burner w/ legs. I've been using one for a out nine months. I can heat almost ten gallons from cold to boil in 40 minutes. More importantly it is so quiet you have to look at the flames to see if it's lit!

Back