help with reusing bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blpeter1

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out in figuring out what brand/type of bottles i can reuse for home brewing? :confused:

Or if anyone wants to send me bottles as a welcome to the forum that is cool too lol
:mug::mug:

You can re use any bottle that previously held beer. You will want to aviod twist off tops; pry offs are 100x better. All you have to do is get a good bottle brush, some hot soapy water, and go to town on them. once cleaned out they are just like new glass.

That said, I like bottles with a "lobed" neck, that way they can catch some sediment as I pour it out. Bottles with straight necks will not do much to stop anything from flowing out of the bottle. Sierra Nevada bottles are my fav.

Sam Adams are good starter bottles.

I got my first 4 cases of bottles drinking lots of Noble Pils.

Good times.....
:drunk:

Since I've had to worry about botany I find myself buying bigger bottles of beer... I buy the Sammy smith oatmeal stouts about 5 at a time, which can save a bit of time if you have 10 or more

E-Mursed said:
Sam Adams are good starter bottles.

I got my first 4 cases of bottles drinking lots of Noble Pils.

Good times..... :drunk:

I second, I have at least 200 Sam bottles floating around my place. I tend to avoid new Belgium, as they are the only bottles I have broken.

I love champagne bottles, using bigger bottles its less of a hassle to bottle plus the glass is thick and can held up to 9 volumes of co2 wich is a lot. Not only beer bottles, champagne, cava or any fizzy wine bottle will do it. Another bottles that I love are the short belgians 12oz those have a thick badass glass too.

Obliviousbrew said:
I love champagne bottles, using bigger bottles its less of a hassle to bottle plus the glass is thick and can held up to 9 volumes of co2 wich is a lot. Not only beer bottles, champagne, cava or any fizzy wine bottle will do it. Another bottles that I love are the short belgians 12oz those have a thick badass glass too.

What do you use to cap the champagne bottles?

Back