Keg connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishing73

Reaction score
Fixin to order a two tap fridge conversion. Anything I need to know? Anything else I need to order while getting their kit? Thanks a bunch! :mug:

I got the same kit.... except all SS. Love the kit. Great service, real stand up guys.

EDIT: Also, I upgraded to the dual body taprite.... best decision I made.

It really depends on what you want to do... I eventually ordered a three way manifold for one of my lines (I can fit 4 cornys in my keezer). The only other thing, I guess, is think about what you eventually want to accomplish. If you can afford it now, get it now. No matter what, I STRONGLY suggest going with the Perlick faucets. Granted I don't have any personal experience with any others, but I do know people who didn't get the Perlicks, and they regret it... Apparently, the non-perlicks have a tendency to stick/freeze up unless you use them every day,

I def planned on getting the Perlicks. And the whole saw n a drip tray.

I just got a tower kit from kegconnection. It pretty much has everything you need and it comes assembled.

The only thing I needed to end up buying was some sockets from Lowe's to remove the posts from the kegs. You'll probably need some additional tools to drill the fridge.

I also went with the Perlicks and the dual body taprite. If I look back on it, I probably should've just saved some $ and got the single body since I'm only using 2 kegs with 12psi for the "set it and forget it" technique.

I do not know this specific kit. But you should get longer lines now. 5ft is just not enough.

Edit: oups I know this kit: I got the same, but with 4 taps. Here is what I would have changed if I knew what I was doing :) :

* ask them to have 10ft of tubing per line instead of 5.
* if you are doing a keezer, consider having shorter shanks. Mine are definitely too long and makes the keezer more busy than needed.

Things I changed and am very pleased with:
* the dual body taprite regulator is great. I use one body for the kegs, and the other one at 30psi to seal kegs and make sparkling water.
* upgrade with perlicks faucet: after reading a lot of post here on HBT, everyone was saying to just upgrade now instead of paying more money to do it later. I do not regret it as they work great.

It really depends on what you want to do... I eventually ordered a three way manifold for one of my lines (I can fit 4 cornys in my keezer). The only other thing, I guess, is think about what you eventually want to accomplish. If you can afford it now, get it now. No matter what, I STRONGLY suggest going with the Perlick faucets. Granted I don't have any personal experience with any others, but I do know people who didn't get the Perlicks, and they regret it... Apparently, the non-perlicks have a tendency to stick/freeze up unless you use them every day,

Good enough reason not to get perlicks. Sorry honey you know I have to run beer or they stick:drunk:

Once I put my beer in the keg do I have to let it condition or is it ready to be carbed and served?

It was in my primary for 3 weeks and has been in my secondary for 3 weeks. Is that not good enough or does it actually have to b kegged for that long?

Also, why is it that I can get my co2 tank filled anywhere and it doesnt matter. But, when I needed co2 cartridges for my coors keg everyone said to make sure they were food grade?

I start knocking back my beer when it has been on the keg for a week. However, it doesn't taste quite right until it hits the 3-4 week mark. Carbonation is fine, just flavor seems to be a little off... as the OP in the other thread puts it, "It gets better than 'good enough' after a few weeks." Nice thing about kegging is that you can more easily take small tastes along the way without wasting a bottle at a time. EDIT: I don't know the answer to your other question... I've never heard of that before.

Fishing73 said:
Once I put my beer in the keg do I have to let it condition or is it ready to be carbed and served?

I've noticed that my beer needs some time due to the co2 adding a bite to it that usually resolves by the time it is fully carbonated (1-2 weeks).

So rack into the keg.
Keg into fridge.
Put about 12 lbs on it and let it sit for 2 weeks?

Also, why is it that I can get my co2 tank filled anywhere and it doesnt matter. But, when I needed co2 cartridges for my coors keg everyone said to make sure they were food grade?

Because the non food grade ones, usually used to inflate bike tires, contain oil.

So rack into the keg.
Keg into fridge.
Put about 12 lbs on it and let it sit for 2 weeks?

That's what I did. I just kegged my first 2 batches.

After a week, it was decently carbonated, but still had a bite...smoothed out now. The second beer has only been in there a week...needs more time.

For future batches, I'm probably going to naturally carb w/ dextrose in the keg. Then when my current keg kicks, I'll stick it in the fridge at serving pressure and it should be pretty good when it gets cold. I hope anyway.

Wow, I'm glad I ordered mine when I did. They just upped their price on their Perlick upgrade for $15.00 to $25.00. Damn

Yeah.. I missed out on that. It's because perlick jacked up their prices. Oh well, 20 extra bucks for a kegerator setup is inconsequential.

I just now ordered my 2 keg system from them... No more bottling, yeah! Can't wait till the kit gets here.

I got the premium kit with all stainless and dual perlick faucets. definiately get the air manifold . here's a video of me putting together my kit and kegging with BRAND NEW kegs from keg connection. they look a bit different then used corny's but work and fit exactly the same: http://www.youtube.com/epicbeerdude

Latest posts

Back