Green bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
Apparently green bottles, even though stored in a cardboard box next to my amber ones have encountered a bug of slight gushing and hard alcohol bite. So my experiment proved to be correct... I just don't know why. Any insight? They were stored in closed cardboard boxes mixed with amber bottles in the same garage as I use and only the green ones were "bad".
What do you guys think?
I've read and heard that green bottles let in light but the boxes were sealed so I'm not sure

Gushing isn't generally a light problem. How were the green bottles cleaned/sanitized? Is it the same beer in both bottle types? How did you prime?

helibrewer said:
Gushing isn't generally a light problem. How were the green bottles cleaned/sanitized? Is it the same beer in both bottle types? How did you prime?

Well they weren't as bad as a previous batch they just foamed up and slowly over flowed.
They were cleaned , sanitized and primed the same way. Pbw, star San and my sugar that went into the bottling bucket. Same process for all bottles. I primed with 3/4 cup sugar to 3 cup water and the ambers are ok just not the 4 or 5 greens.

Back