• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100QT & 180QT Stock Pot Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money order is in the mail and on the way Frank! :rockin:

Thanks again for putting this together! :mug:

--Richie

Hey guys,
We're doing great! I've gotten payment from all but 3 of you. I'm still waiting on:

Rick Head
z28tt
tojo

Once I get these payments, I can get the order placed.

Again, thanks to all of your for making this so successful!

-Peace

Waiting on:

Rick head
Tojo

pms sent. Let me know what's up. I'd like to get order placed.

Thanks!

... and the wait is over. Just heard from the last two. Order going in first thing in the am. Will update all of you with shipping info as soon as I get it. Should be 2 days to process and then 5 - 7 day transit.

I can't wait!

tijuana!! wow that's a far ride to PA:cross: once you calculate shipping most of the savings are prob negligent...

well actually the shipping would be to San Ysidro, CA not Tijuana, i saw this pot on ebay and we were going to buy em this weekend but the guy doesn't have any in stock at the moment

Can you provide a link to the ebay listing? (Just curious to see it.)
Thanks.

Edit: Also, if you are looking for 15 gallon pots, you might want to check out this thread (from a vendor). Prices are pretty good: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/kicking-around-idea-15gal-kettle-group-purchase-308353/.

OK everyone.
I just got off the phone with the shipping company and they said that the pots will arrive Monday or Tuesday. She said they will arrive to the terminal on Monday but may have to be transferred to a truck with a lift gate and that would probably meant that they get delivered on Tues.

I know that everyone works and that many of you have to travel a bit to get here. I am having the pots delivered to the place I work and I can probably get permission to store them for a day or two, but I can't sit on them too long.

Hit me up and let me know what you are thinking in terms of schedules.

-Thanks!

Not sure how I missed this but if you decide to do another buy please let me know, otherwise maybe you can share your contact info and I can look to do a group buy as well...

Can you provide a link to the ebay listing? (Just curious to see it.)
Thanks.

Edit: Also, if you are looking for 15 gallon pots, you might want to check out this thread (from a vendor). Prices are pretty good: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/kicking-around-idea-15gal-kettle-group-purchase-308353/.

nope, im interested in the 180 qt pot (45 gallons), thanks for the link though, and here is the link for ebay, but is no longer available http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200719618084#ht_1370wt_1398

I have a feeling the next big thing on the group buys forum will be "<Insert City> Area SS Pot Group Buy". It really was a great idea!

As for the pick up date.... The first possible day I can make it to Scranton is Sunday 3/25. Working everyday and then my Wife's baby shower is Saturday 3/24, doh! I never thought I's say this, but is it at all possible for you to delay the shipment until the end of the week so you can better utilize the day or two they'll allow you to store them at your work? I'm guessing many peeps won't be able to make it until the weekend anyhow. I wish I could run out there Tuesday evening and get them hot off the truck:mad:

What are the chances of evening pick ups Frank? Problem is I doubt I'd get there before 8 PM- ish

Jessup- If I can work this out somehow, I'm sure I can get your three and my two in my pickup- I'll be in touch.

If evenings is not possible- I suppose next weekend is the earliest most of us would be able to make it methinks.

Yeah, i was pretty shocked about how fast they are due to arrive. I was told by my guy that they would get here Friday. Then I called trucking company and they said Monday or Tuesday.

I'm thinking that I can do one day after work and then one day on the weekend. Anyone that wants to grab them hot off the truck is welcome to. My employer shouldn't have a problem letting me hold them for that long.

I have a feeling the next big thing on the group buys forum will be "<Insert City> Area SS Pot Group Buy". It really was a great idea!

As for the pick up date.... The first possible day I can make it to Scranton is Sunday 3/25. Working everyday and then my Wife's baby shower is Saturday 3/24, doh! I never thought I's say this, but is it at all possible for you to delay the shipment until the end of the week so you can better utilize the day or two they'll allow you to store them at your work? I'm guessing many peeps won't be able to make it until the weekend anyhow. I wish I could run out there Tuesday evening and get them hot off the truck:mad:

I'm sure after seeing how successful this buy went (so far), we'll see a few others pop up.

My next equipment group buy is going to be CONICALS!
Who's with me?

Another buy would be awesome! Anyone close to central Ohio wanna take shipment? Unfortunately I don't have access to a commercial shipping location.

cripplecreek said:
I'm sure after seeing how successful this buy went (so far), we'll see a few others pop up.

My next equipment group buy is going to be CONICALS!
Who's with me?

From where? Post some more info on what you're thinking of so I can moll it over. Lol.

SWMBO is gonna kill me, but I could be doing worse things! Gotta get started remodeling basement to make her happy.

Inductor Tanks would be the cheapest way to go for Conicals of substantial size. I've been considering them for a while now. The prices vary but are very reasonable; 15 gal for ~$60 and 30 gal conical tank for ~$75 - both prices before shipping. The stand and the valves will also be extra.
http://www.ruralking.com/agriculture.html?cat=1311
image.php

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-conical-cheap-289013/

A bunch of these replys really made me laugh. I know that most of us need to tread lightly. I'm working on contracting the manufacturer that produces tanks for a well known importer. I figure by cutting out the middleman and having them land on the east coast we should be able to save a nice chunk of change. These are stainless tanks with tri-clovers. I'm waiting on sizes, specs, photos, and pricing.

cripplecreek said:
A bunch of these replys really made me laugh. I know that most of us need to tread lightly. I'm working on contracting the manufacturer that produces tanks for a well known importer. I figure by cutting out the middleman and having them land on the east coast we should be able to save a nice chunk of change. These are stainless tanks with tri-clovers. I'm waiting on sizes, specs, photos, and pricing.

Looking forward to seeing the info!

I can get down on tuesday during the day if you want to give me a call when they arrive.

I'd be interested in the details on the SS Conical (sounds like a pretty awesome name for a boat) I just bought 5 glass carboys off craigslist but I look forward to not having to sanitize multiple vessels each time

According to the tracking info the pots arrived in West Chester, Pa on 3/18. That means that, more than likely, they will be delivered to me tomorrow.

Let me know when you guys want to pick them up. I know that Rick will come by tomorrow b/c he lives 3 min away.

I'd like to try to co-ordinate the rest into as few sessions as possible so I don't disrupt the establishment here at work since they've been so cool about the whole thing (they even said that if I need to do it again *conicals*, that I can use one of our other locations with a shipping doc).

Let me know!
-F

COME AND GET THEM!

Seriously, let me know when you are planning to come and get them.

I'm thinking that Thursday and Sunday work best for me.

Send me a PM and I will give you all the details.

IMG_20120320_113507.jpg

IMG_20120320_113526.jpg

Just cracked open a 100QT and they look really nice. It's pretty heavy and the thickness is good. It's definitely thicker than my Bayou Classic 44QT pot.

I don't know where they were made, but you should double check the capacities before you brew with them. I bought some stock pots off ebay a couple years ago that were advertised as 180 qt and only ended up being 160qt. I sincerely hope you don't have this problem, but it doesn't hurt to check before you get caught off guard on brew day like I did.

Jessup- If I can work this out somehow, I'm sure I can get your three and my two in my pickup- I'll be in touch.
I only have two so hopefully that will help make things a bit easier for you. Just put your smaller pots into my large ones... Please send me a PM with your contact info so we can touch base and work out the details. I'll get buy if you fly - $20 for gas money upon receipt. If you can't work it out I'll be able to get out there on Sunday so no worries.

I don't know where they were made, but you should double check the capacities before you brew with them. I bought some stock pots off ebay a couple years ago that were advertised as 180 qt and only ended up being 160qt.
Uhoh I'll def double check prior to completing my first batch with these new pots. Hopefully everything is kosher... Thanks for the heads up!!

Back