South Florida Brewers Unite!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubakevdm

Reaction score
I noticed on another thread that there are a handful of us around this neck of the woods. Do we ever organize Homebrewtalk regional gettogethers or events?

Check out the clubs section. I know there is a club near you somewhere. I live up near Gainesville so I go there. The club apparently is not very active, but that could be changed with some new blood and interest. Hope this Inspires you to join, or maybe even form a club of your own. Then Bulk buys and wholesale stuff would be easilly obtainable. I just started learning in December and I am having a blast so far. I am already building the needed equipment to assemble a three tier sculpture for all gran. So the addiction can get ya quick!!! Have fun and let us other Fla guys and gals know how you come out.
Bob

I hit BXbeerdepot now and then. It's out on Congress and 2nd (just north of Lake Worth Rd.) and behind what I think was a Miami Subs at one time.

There is FLAB in ft lauderdale....they meet in davie on I think the second Wednesday of every month. I joined their site around last September and missed every meeting so far:) I either forget or something comes up. I'm trying to make it my mission to make it there in March.

Not sure where you are located but there is also MASH in Miami and the palm beach draughtsmen up north.

It would be great to try and organize a kind of mass meeting of all we south FL beer geeks for a big brew and to share some Homebrew.....just a thought but if anyone is interested I would certainly donate some time and beer

Cheers!

SwampassJ said:
I hit BXbeerdepot now and then. It's out on Congress and 2nd (just north of Lake Worth Rd.) and behind what I think was a Miami Subs at one time.

I'm there alot... Usually with my dog, Flo. I live about three miles away.

steelersrbrun said:
There is FLAB in ft lauderdale....they meet in davie on I think the second Wednesday of every month. I joined their site around last September and missed every meeting so far:) I either forget or something comes up. I'm trying to make it my mission to make it there in March.

Not sure where you are located but there is also MASH in Miami and the palm beach draughtsmen up north.

It would be great to try and organize a kind of mass meeting of all we south FL beer geeks for a big brew and to share some Homebrew.....just a thought but if anyone is interested I would certainly donate some time and beer

Cheers!

Thanks man! I guess I'm in Draughtsmen territory. I'll check them out! I'm all about a south Florida beer fest too!

browsing and i saw this thread. I too live very close to BX.

If you have any ideas for events, it might be a good idea to post a flyer or something at BX. I may be interested in doing some stuff or getting a group started in the WPB/Lake worth area; especially if we can get some group buys going, discounts, some brew rig building maybe if there's some tradesmen or competent welders in the group, etc...

Maybe even have them at Bx. They just had a homebrew competition that was a blast. I think another one is coming up in June.

We are also in Boynton and brew pretty much every week in the summer. We spend a lot of time at the Bx. Maybe we've seen you there. PGA National hosted a "Craft beer and burger bash" this past Saturday that was pretty cool--the Draughtsmen were there.
Would love to know a welder!! Perhaps we can get together for a beer sometime.
Sarah and Matt.

I noticed on another thread that there are a handful of us around this neck of the woods. Do we ever organize Homebrewtalk regional gettogethers or events?
How far south do I gotta be? I'm between Gainesville and Ocala near the Gulf coast. Close enuff?
Wheelchair Bob

SarahMatt said:
We are also in Boynton and brew pretty much every week in the summer. We spend a lot of time at the Bx. Maybe we've seen you there. PGA National hosted a "Craft beer and burger bash" this past Saturday that was pretty cool--the Draughtsmen were there.
Would love to know a welder!! Perhaps we can get together for a beer sometime.
Sarah and Matt.

I am upset that I missed the beer and burger bash at PGA.

I am very much interested in getting into a club. I live in Wellington and have been looking for a homebrew club for a while. I have been to a MASH meeting or two when I lived in broward county, but that club was just way to far a drive.

Also, I'm not sure if you all know, but the Funky Buddha now has a great homebrew shop. Not to mention The prices are great!

As far as needing a welder, I can weld i just need access to a welder.

I am in Pompano. I am interested in a get together in North Broward, or Ft Lauderdale area, or South Palm beach county. I have been buying most local supplies from Funky Budda, prices are pretty good. Thinking of starting all grain, so interested in bulk buys also.

Martin

I'm way out west on the Suncoast. Just subscribing to see what you are chatting about.

I guess not enough of us in South East Florida to get anything going. I would love to see a group buy. But so few of us would worry about putting the LHBS's out of business if we did that.

I guess not enough of us in South East Florida to get anything going. I would love to see a group buy. But so few of us would worry about putting the LHBS's out of business if we did that.

I'm in palm beach County and would do a group buy on grain. Right now though I can get it from funky Buddha for $60 for a
50 lb sack. Where are you located?

I am down Federal from Funky Buddha, in Pompano. I go there regularly! My wife went before Christmas and they sold her CHAMPAGNE yeast!! What am I to do with that! LOL

I go up to Funky Buddha from time to time. But I go to drink not buy from their LHBS... Its a 1.5 hour drive for me so I don't do it too often.

Mdsutton said:
I am down Federal from Funky Buddha, in Pompano. I go there regularly! My wife went before Christmas and they sold her CHAMPAGNE yeast!! What am I to do with that! LOL

Ha! You could always make some dry cider! Let me know if ya ever want to meet up that way and try some home-brew. I think Ryan one of the owners was talking about starting a homebrew club. Granted they are trying to build a brewery in fort lauderdale so I'm not sure how gun ho they are now.

Nice are you a member of HAMS? I just signed up on their site, but haven't been able to make any meetings yet.

No. I've heard of them, but have not signed up. I only have a few months under my belt and would like to get comfortable before I start attending events.

Anyone in the Miami area been to Miami Beer & Wine Makers Warehouse in Hialeah?

Great guys down there!! Since BrewBox closed it's really the only local homebrew shop around.

Just found this thread. I'm a former HBer. Used to live in IL where I could pitch yeast almost anytime in my basement. Kinda tough in SoFL. My neighbor started brewing about a year ago, got me to want to get back in. Now I'm playing with Mead. Went to Miami Beer & Wine last weekend & saw a group (I think it was the Miami club) under a tent making some beer as part of National Home Brew day. Anyway, Miami B&W is a small but nice set up, lots of whole grain options.

Hey all! I just started brewing this year! I am Right on the edge of Pompano and Deerfield. I am however in a small apt and can only do stove top boils. But I went straight into AG BIAB. I was actually looking at FLAB and PBDM and thought that the Draughtsmen looked a little more active, but I haven't joined either yet.

My work schedule is always changing, sometimes on a day to day basis so I have no idea when I could attend meetings!

Hey all! I just started brewing this year! I am Right on the edge of Pompano and Deerfield. I am however in a small apt and can only do stove top boils. But I went straight into AG BIAB. I was actually looking at FLAB and PBDM and thought that the Draughtsmen looked a little more active, but I haven't joined either yet.

My work schedule is always changing, sometimes on a day to day basis so I have no idea when I could attend meetings!

That's great to hear! I joined the PBDM this year and have really enjoyed the guys in the club. Very friendly. They typically meet the second Thursday of the month at Due South Brewery in Boynton beach. I missed the last meeting due to my anniversary but the next meeting should be June 13 th. If you can make it you should come on out.

That's great to hear! I joined the PBDM this year and have really enjoyed the guys in the club. Very friendly. They typically meet the second Thursday of the month at Due South Brewery in Boynton beach. I missed the last meeting due to my anniversary but the next meeting should be June 13 th. If you can make it you should come on out.

Cool! I might check it out if I am available!

Thanks!

Back