• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brutus 20 Clone, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBobsBrews

Reaction score
I have been brewing 10 gal batches (2x 20 gal kettles) on this brew stand for almost 2 years now; but I am in the process of constructing an electric brewery.

The stand was built out of heavy duty 2" Sq. 3/16 wall steel, using the brutus gas beam concept. It was originally pressure tested to 20 psi (only operates around 3 psi). The frame has been painted with high temp black paint, and is mounted on casters.

It currently has 2 march pumps, 2 103k BTU low pressure propane burners and 2 Asco gas control valves mounted to the frame.

An older pic of the brew stand can be viewed here (will add recent pics soon):
https://picasaweb.google.com/106214...hkey=Gv1sRgCNCpr5uh06alQQ#5597450351769711138

*note the control panel in the picture will NOT be the one included if buyer desires a complete unit

Asking for either:

A) $950 for the Complete system

B) $550 for the steel frame & all gas hardware (you provide pumps & control hardware)

Looking for local sale only due to brew stand's wight & bulk.

PS: I am also selling the hacked 20 gal Blichmann Kettles pictured
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/20-gal-boilermakers-md-240834/

Oh I HATE you so very much. Okay, I don't mean that. ;)

I have neither the spare cash or the space to park something like that, but I WANT it. And I'm local. :(

Best of luck, and I really mean that.

Sure I'll buy the entire setup at $950 with the modified Kal control panel to go with it! ;)

Well, the time has come; I have outgrown my original 2 burner brewstand and finally begun construction of its replacement. The poor brewstand has been stripped of all it's pumps, burners, valves & control hardware.

All that’s left is a welded, 3/16” solid steel frame, with a tested gas beam (& wheels!).

Right now it’s just taking up space, which I need for its replacement. In a few weeks time it will most likely be cut up into little pieces of scrap metal (to be recycled into its replacement).

Looking for a brewstand without learning how to weld? This may be for you. Just add burners, pump(s) and as much automation as you like.

If your able to pick it up, and would like to save it from the wrath of a plasma cutter, $100 takes it.

The brewstand when it still had all its hardware attached:
https://picasaweb.google.com/106214015779657018651/Brewery#5597756052878448722

Oh man. Tomorrow's my birthday and this would be an awesome present to get myself.

But I'm in a townhome without a garage to store the thing in.

DANG!!!

I'm interested (and Local, but I'm having trouble seeing the pics). I'd prefer just the brew stand for now - with the simple control panel would be great. Do you think you could get it to the Rockville area or would it fit in the back of an SUV?

Hey, I had sent you an email, posted back on 9/2 and sent a PM. I will take it and pay cash, just lets work out the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back