Bulkhead fitting recirculation port

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewnami

Reaction score
Hello guys:
Does anyone know how I can find a weldless bulkhead fitting to build a recirculation port?

I have a 3 tier system with keggles and want to build a recirculation port in my MT. Essentially I want to be able to connect my hose via quick disconnect on the outside and on the inside have a copper tube that I can bend to touch the inside of the keggle to recirculate. I have checked McMaster-Carr but haven't been able to find the right thing.

Thanks,
brewnami

I put the recirc Cam Lock onto my kettle. I just used a coupler/Street elbow and a silicone o-ring. I did have to add a flat washer to the outside to make everything snug but it works and doesn't leak.

Actually, I think I just used a Cam Lock that had threads and an elbow.

+1, check bargain fittings also, they have the most reasonable bulkhead fittings and best prices on camlocks that I have found

Quick pics of my whirl-pool/recirculation port. It could be placed anywhere on the keg. I chose the top portion of the keg. It works best for how I brew and my intended purpose.

All fittings from www.bargainfittings.com and you can get weldless versions for your application from them as well.

whirlpool_fitting.jpg

boil_kettle-complete2.jpg

HLT_kettle-complete5.jpg

I just built first diy weldless today, on my whirlpool port. Everything except the little red o rings you can get at lowes/home depot. From the outside of the keggle working in: half inch ball valve...washer with 3/4" hole...o ring...half inch brass nipple...another o ring, another washer, half inch threaded female coupler. I then soldered up a tee'd copper line, with 90's on either end facing in opposing directions. Creates a pretty good whirlpool, but I wish i had used smaller tubing for more pressure. Don't have a pic handy, but can if anyone wants to see

Back