Beatles: Rock Band

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Any PS3'ers out there? Got my copy yesterday and am LOVING IT!! My PSN ID is jasuhn. Feel free to friend me and we can jam on either B:RB, or RB2. Right now it's just me and the wife (she sings, I don't), so it'd be nice to do the full band.

I have a 360, and I don't like Rock Band games much... but my neighbors got it yesterday, and were doing an abysmal job of playing Beatles' songs until 12:30 last night. I had to blast Slayer just to keep the sound from penetrating my walls.

Not a big Beatles fan, but everyone seems to love this game. I don't have RB, but I do have GH for the Wii.

So they have other songs for RB besides Beatles, and if so, are they any good?

Not a big Beatles fan, but everyone seems to love this game. I don't have RB, but I do have GH for the Wii.

So they have other songs for RB besides Beatles, and if so, are they any good?

Well, this is a stand alone game featuring the Beatles music, much like the ACDC disc that came out last winter(?)...

Rockband and Rockband 2 have basically the same songlist as GH, but with different songs. Punk, Pop, Rock, 80's etc etc

I like rockband better just because the avatars don't look as stupid as the ones in GH.

I like the idea but I'm not a big fan of their pre-Sgt. Pepper music. Am I going to have to slog through a bunch of songs I don't like to get to what I consider the good stuff? Also, is solo career stuff in there or strictly Beatles? I absolutely love both Wings and Lennon.

I like the idea but I'm not a big fan of their pre-Sgt. Pepper music. Am I going to have to slog through a bunch of songs I don't like to get to what I consider the good stuff? Also, is solo career stuff in there or strictly Beatles? I absolutely love both Wings and Lennon.

complete track list is here

And don't get me wrong, about what i said above, I love the Beatles. I like a lot of classic rock, I could listen to them all day.
However, some jackass who can't carry a tune surrounded by other jackasses who can't keep a beat trying to play Beatles' songs drunk... that I don't want to listen to. The thing is RockBand and GuitarHero are only fun when drinking, IMO

WE picked it up on 90909. SWMBO is a beatles freak and I just like rockband. We have the original rockband for 360. It's cool that you can play this one on Live although I don't have Live.
Rockband is a great party game. I love me some karaoke when drinking.

complete track list is here

And don't get me wrong, about what i said above, I love the Beatles. I like a lot of classic rock, I could listen to them all day.
However, some jackass who can't carry a tune surrounded by other jackasses who can't keep a beat trying to play Beatles' songs drunk... that I don't want to listen to. The thing is RockBand and GuitarHero are only fun when drinking, IMO

Thanks for the listing. That saved me some money. There's no way I'm laying down that kind of cash for this game. Not only do I have to suffer through songs like "Ticket to Ride" and "I Want to Hold your Hand" to get to the good stuff like "The End" and "I Am the Walrus," about half the songs I would really want are downloadable at $2 per song. Maybe when it get cheaper...

Too bad there's not a Rolling Stones Rock Band. I'd have no problem starting with early Stones and moving historically. I probably wouldn't finish the game but I'd be more than OK with that.

Latest posts

Back