Dumbest Thing I've Done So Far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gxm

Reaction score
Last night I had two kegs of carbed Hefeweizen that I wanted to take to a party. One had 1 gallon in it, the other 2 gallons.
Thinking I didn't care about sediment (being a Hefe and all), and being a little druck, and being too lazy to set up my usual keg transfer QDs, I just opened each corny up, and poured the little into the big. I was quickly treated to the sight of foam climbing up the keg, and flowing non-stop out the top.
The tower of foam would have been a beautiful sight if it hadn't been caused by my own stupidity. And I ended up with less than the original 2 gallons in the keg.

Feel free to share your own moments of stupidity.

I think the police need to be involved for it to be an official "dumbest thing I've done so far"

I think..

after taking my gravity reading between my Primary and secondary today i drank the beer that was in my test sample to taste. The alcohol was kind of potent withouth the carbonation. So, in that is a question. Is that much of an alcohol flavor gonna stay in it even after secondary and bottling or will it mellow out...

after taking my gravity reading between my Primary and secondary today i drank the beer that was in my test sample to taste. The alcohol was kind of potent withouth the carbonation. So, in that is a question. Is that much of an alcohol flavor gonna stay in it even after secondary and bottling or will it mellow out...

It'll mellow.

Back