I am looking for the Cheapest indoor brew stove...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are going electric then get a canning element for your brand of stove. Be sure your stove can handle it - size etc.

Search for canning element for advice.

Indoor is tough. Do you mean in a garage or kitchen?

Basement, I run the propane in the garage now with the door open, and freezin my @ss off.

I'm looking for a cheap way to move the operation into the basement.

I've also seen the cedercreek.com assembly of 2k heating elements and that looks interesting as well. and relatively cheap.

I just don't know if I have enough 20 amp outlets in place there (basement)

You don't need to have the door wide open in the garage. Get a CO detector and start with the door cracked open a bit, maybe 8" off the floor. I recently brewed in my garage when it was 16F outside and it was 60F in the garage for the entire session.

You don't need to have the door wide open in the garage. Get a CO detector and start with the door cracked open a bit, maybe 8" off the floor. I recently brewed in my garage when it was 16F outside and it was 60F in the garage for the entire session.

ding!

too funny. exactly what im doing.
non insulated garage, but two burners going, and the garage door barely open. a carbon monoxide detector is highly suggested. mine has not gone off yet....

ohh, and a bad ass old school amp/receiver and some monstrous tower speakers blasting whatever your into. the music is kinda mandatory for me.

Basement, I run the propane in the garage now with the door open, and freezin my @ss off.

I'm looking for a cheap way to move the operation into the basement.

I've also seen the cedercreek.com assembly of 2k heating elements and that looks interesting as well. and relatively cheap.

I just don't know if I have enough 20 amp outlets in place there (basement)

If you own the house or care about it, make sure you are ventilating the steam very well.

Why would this be more of an issue in the basement than in the kitchen? There's no venting in my kitchen and I brew there whenever I brew.

How about a burner from a natural gas boiler? This seems like it would be ideally suited? anyone know if this could be done?

ding!
a carbon monoxide detector is highly suggested. mine has not gone off yet....
ohh, and a bad ass old school amp/receiver and some monstrous tower speakers blasting whatever your into. the music is kinda mandatory for me.

Are you sure it has not gone off? How can you tell while blasting the music? :rockin:

Back