Merry Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicksteck

Reaction score
I just got my christmas gift from my wife, 14 gallon Blickmann Fermenator with the tri-clamps. it is great, i just put it together. it is so easy to clean and the dump valve is big.

Hey Tony,

this thing is cool, I just keep going out to the garage to look at it. the valves and tri- clamps are so over kill it's not even funny.

Nick

nicksteck said:
...and the dump valve is big.
My dump valve is big too. In fact this morning when I woke up I grabbed the paper, walked into the bathroom and...oh...wait...er..uh...you were talking about a different dump valve weren't you...

Never mind...

nicksteck said:
I just got my christmas gift from my wife, 14 gallon Blickmann Fermenator with the tri-clamps. it is great, i just put it together. it is so easy to clean and the dump valve is big.

He may have that fancy new fermenter.... but I still have all HIS beer in my kegerator... Yum.
13248-fridge2.JPG

I just put the first batch into my Blichmann 14.5 yesterday. It was annoited with a batch of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale...it's my first time to make a batch of that and I think I'm going to be very pleased.

she should have assembled it, and tightly wrapped it and put in under (well next to) the tree. Then you'd have to wait for another 3 weeks giggleing like a school girl.

BierMuncher said:
My dump valve is big too. In fact this morning when I woke up I grabbed the paper, walked into the bathroom and...oh...wait...er..uh...you were talking about a different dump valve weren't you...

Never mind...

You sure are painting one hell of a picture between your dump valve and your ugly junk. :cross:

Oh and to the OP... I think I may hate you. :D

Congrats, now sleep with the lights on, because you're gonna have HBTers from all over the country with their faces pressed against yr window, hoping to catch a glimpse of its Stainless Steel Sex Appeal.

Yeah, I just made that up. It rhymes though.

Anyways. Enjoy your toy. I myself am pumped to get a 15 gal MiniBrew instead. S/S is too heavy, and my back is too weak.

:drool:

I think we should start a rule that you have to send brews to everyone from your first batch when you get sexy stainless conical.

EdWort, or anybody

going to fill the conical this weekend for the first time with some esb, wondering how you know when to start draining off the trub and yeast. any advice would be great.

Nick

BierMuncher said:

gogoplata said:
Pictures?

gogoplata, now I am assuming that this question was not directed to BierMuncher?

Nick I usually wait about three days and pull off the thickest sludge. Every day after that I will pull of some yeast and take a hydrometer reading with the clear stuff that comes after the yeast. Once it hits 1010 I will let it sit for a week or so and then keg. HTH

nicksteck said:
EdWort, or anybody

going to fill the conical this weekend for the first time with some esb, wondering how you know when to start draining off the trub and yeast. any advice would be great.

Nick

Any time after a week to 10 days works fine. It's best to let yeast finish up housecleaning before removing it or racking beer.

Get a rubber mallet to tap the sidewall to get the yeast to slide down the cone.

Congrats & welcome to the club, The Blichmann Conical Club!

I cant see the top of the fermenter in your pic but one precautionary thing I do when dumping trub, yeast, or beer is put an inline filter in the place of the airlock so that you know the air being sucked in to replace the volume of the liquid you are removing is clean.

2ndstorey said:
I cant see the top of the fermenter in your pic but one precautionary thing I do when dumping trub, yeast, or beer is put an inline filter in the place of the airlock so that you know the air being sucked in to replace the volume of the liquid you are removing is clean.

Great idea!...

did not think of that, thank you. any other ideas or tricks would be great, i think i'm going to take it all apart to clean it. looks like an all night job
Nick

Latest posts

Back