White spots on glass help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopheaded

Reaction score
I've got an irish stout with a chocolate addition that moved to my glass secondary on 2/14. Its now 2/18 and there are small white spots on the top part of the glass...is this something i should worry about? Beer looks fine, no white spots on it, just the regular little bubbles.
Also, if it is fine, any recommendations on how long to keep it in secondary before i move to keg it?

A picture would help. But in all likelihood everything is fine. How long was it in primary? Was your FG where you expected it to be before racking? I like bulk aging in primary/secondary for a couple weeks each and then bottling for ~3 more.

heres a picture...they look more present here than in reality because of the flash.
IMG_20110218_145429.jpg

i used idophore. im thinking that it might be evaporated beer, when i racked it over some ran down the sides on the carboy. any similar experiences?

Looks like you can see some nice little yeast rafts too, seems to me a very happy chocolate stout you got coming along. +1 for RDWHAHB

thank you all...ill let it sit for until my new kegging system gets here, then ill let you know

If you crash cool it, don't be surprised if there are little white pools on top - it's the fat solidifying.

I just made a chocolate stout and noticed the congealed fat on top. Just racked from underneath and cut off the siphon a little earlier.

Back