keg storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mczspub

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot asking and i feel like the answer is right in front of my face. I have been brewing partial mashes and extract, and i usally just keg it when its ready and put it on tap. I have 2 taps so theres always something on there but recently my girl has been getting excited about the 'next' brew so i wanna know what the proper way from carboy to keg and to storage. I have a walk in fridge at the bar i work at so i can store them cold there.

so real quick from the fermenter what is the steps to keg beer in a corny keg that im not gion to drink right away

just purge it of oxygen and seal it with co2. they do not have to be stored cold, and if you store them you might as well naturally carb them in the keg if you dont do that already

No i dont naturally carb, I usally just hook it up to CO2 @ like 20 psi for a day then turn down to liek 4 psi and purge. It comes out great. So you reccommend just sealing with co2 and keep with my other carboys till i tap?

Back