is there a beer I can have ready for super bowl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if you did it today, maybe a hefeweizen - 2 weeks in fermenter, 1 in keg? I've never kegged before, so I have no idea how long things have to sit in the keg.

My impression is that hefeweizens might need less time than other styles in the primary...

Check out the 10der and mild thread from about a year and a half ago. We did a mild swap- with the requirement that the beer MUST be shipped out on day 10. My mild on day 10 was really pretty good! I'd suggest that if you had a beer that had to be ready in two weeks.

Some tips- keep the OG low. Like 1.042 or lower. No "heavy" roasted flavors that must mellow. Use a well attenuating flocculant ale yeast, so it finishes up and clears quickly. A mild, hefeweizen, a simple amber, etc, all could fit the bill. Use a simple grain bill, and a simple hopping schedule, so the beer won't need time to let the flavors meld.

You can definitely do it!

its is possiable? yes. In 5 years have I ever done it? No. Even my beers which have been expected to finnish in 2 weeks have always taken longer, and carbination seemed spotty at best in others which did.

Somthing with OG as stated about and mild. No heavy malty flavors wich bog down carbination, and go for somthing crisp. Sombody said a simple amber, I second that motion. Keep your temp as close to 68-72 as possiable.

you could always resort to going to your local micro brewery and buys a case of theirs and pealing the lables, if your just trying to impress sombody. If your looking for drinking for cheap while watching the game, and not resorting to Bud or Miller light, then start doing your homework.

Good luck, drink them in good health

it was yesterday... he could of bought some craft brews and taken the labels off, maybe uncapped and recapped and passed em off as his own.

Check out the recipe for Centennial Blonde. I found it popular with both home brewers and the BMC crowd. It can be ready to drink in about 2 weeks.

I did this for super bowl. 9 days in the primary, straight to the keg on gelian. was very clear and very "drinkable", far from the best it could have been though.

Back