Homebuilt Draft Tower (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjvicker

Reaction score
Some in progress photo's of my two post draft tower

It uses 3x3 aluminum for the legs and 4x4 aluminum for the taps and brackets to hold them together
SANY1480.jpg

leg base bracket for easy attachment to a keezer lid
SANY1477.jpg

9" legs so I could easily fill a growler
SANY1472.jpg

partially assembled, leg brackets not shown
SANY1474.jpg

Decided to use bolts instead of rivets because I'll be able to disassemble it if I want and I like the industrial look. If the end product doesn't look good I'll build another using rivets. It's going to be tight getting the shanks in there but the end product will look better if the 4x4 is one solid piece.
SANY1475.jpg

bolts don't look too bad. If I do switch to rivets I'll still probably bolt the bottom of the legs to the brackets so the whole thing can be easily removed from the keezer.
SANY1476.jpg

End caps are going to be plastic and should be in the mail next week. I'm also considering altering the bracket so the leg sits flush with the 4x4.

What do you all think? It's not micromatic quality but then again it also doesn't cost 1k.

Looks great so far...as far as the bolts....only time someone will see 'em is if they're on the floor....by that point, who cares...LOL... Way to go..

I was able to buy most of the parts through where I work and home depot. The end caps are coming from a plastic cap company.

any updates on this? I would like to see the final product. And if you wanted to be really nice, a parts list, dimensions, schematics, things like that would be great.

Back