"CHEAP" large drip tray....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splat

Reaction score
ok, I dont know if anyone else has ran into this, but a drip tray to go on my kegerator wide enough for 4 taps was over $150 dollars...OUCH....Nothing fancy, just a stainless drip tray.... So I was searching online and found a "speed rail" made of stainless...22inches wide, its made for whisky bottles behind a bar...I ordered it, and am glueing magnets on the back to stick to my fridge for easy cleanup...Anyway, it was only 17 bucks, plus 10 to ship...it wasnt totally "water tight" across the bottom, mostly, but a little silicone will cure that....but for the money it cant be beat...If anyone is interested I can post pictures....

It's too bad you didn't post a question about this, in the Kegging stickies there is a list of links to various kegging products. One of the links is for a stainless drip tray If I remeber it was $14.95 plus shipping. I ordered one a week or so ago and love it. It was just wide enough to work for my 5 taps.

For anyone else reading, here is the link with directions

Stainless Drip Trays
http://www.barproducts.com/index.php
'Bar Supplies', then 'Bar Supplies 2', near end of page-'Stainless Steel Drip Tray'.

This is a direct copy from the kegging sticky.

God luck with you modification. Paul

Bernie Brewer said:
Why are you even making us ask??? POST'EM ALREADY!!!!:mug:

2643100740101759406S600x600Q85.jpg

my glue is drying :)

Ok, as far as the picture that was posted....That wont mount to a fridge under my taps...I found TONS of those, but I wanted the one with the backsplash that would mount to the fridge... Here is a pic just like the one I got...I will post pics of mine on the fridge once the glue dries..

speedrail.jpg

Yeah, that $15 tray from barproducts was surely a find. kegconnection wanted $40 for the same one, so I held off. Glad I did! Just found that tray yesterday and ordered it.

splat said:
my glue is drying :)

Ok, as far as the picture that was posted....That wont mount to a fridge under my taps...I found TONS of those, but I wanted the one with the backsplash that would mount to the fridge... Here is a pic just like the one I got...I will post pics of mine on the fridge once the glue dries..

I did the very same thing. I bought this 40" SS speed rail for $11.95. It has a 9 inch wide pocket and is ~6 inches deep. I also had to use silicone along the insde as it is only tack welded. No problem really.

I line the bottom with paper towels to keep cleanup easy peezy.

2247993488_d5f5642097.jpg

I am waiting for the part to arrive to expand from the 4 faucets shown to the 6 that have always been planned on (note 6 label frames and only 4 faucets).

Looks like I need to fix one of my frames tho'. A little off "kilter", funny it doesn;t look that bad when standing in fron of the keezer.

GilaMinumBeer said:
I did the very same thing. I bought this 40" SS speed rail for $11.95. It has a 9 inch wide pocket and is ~6 inches deep. I also had to use silicone along the insde as it is only tack welded. No problem really.

I line the bottom with paper towels to keep cleanup easy peezy.

2247993488_d5f5642097.jpg

I am waiting for the part to arrive to expand from the 4 faucets shown to the 6 that have always been planned on (note 6 label frames and only 4 faucets).

Looks like I need to fix one of my frames tho'. A little off "kilter", funny it doesn;t look that bad when standing in fron of the keezer.

Very nice, just exactly what I am doing, only Im using magnets to hold it on the fridge for easy cleaning... Wish I would have posted earlier and you guys could have helped ME out, because I was stressing over $150 bucks for a drip tray.. Thanks.

No need to stress. I too did not see a point in paying the premiums asked for real drip trays. My original option before this finding was a stainless steel drywall compound mud pan from Lowes for 4 bucks. Functional, but not nearly as pretty, IMO.

I had actually planned on building a simple collar, typical of every collar you see posted in threads, and attaching my speed rail with magnets as well. But after doing a test run with it, I found the speed rail to be too heavy alone for the magnets, not to mention any possible disasters trying to set a glass in there.

I thought about using an adhesive but decided against that as I didn't want it permanantly affixed to the keezer in case it gets hit by the car.

So, I modified my collar design to have an apron to which I could screw the speed rail into as designed. The bottle of La Fin Du Monde at frame right is actually a cigarette butt disposal vessel.:fro:

I've put 4 pounds of scuba weights on it to test it and it's good to go. Don't forget to lightly scuff the finish on the epoxied surfaces so it holds better.

Since I did this project, I still haven't found myself resting the glasses on the tray and have a hard time figuring out why you'd do it. Maybe if your lines aren't balanced and you need to let the foam subside before topping off?

I think good pour technique requires that you hold the glass, but I have seen bartenders pour beer like it was diet coke at the drive thru...

Bobby_M said:
Since I did this project, I still haven't found myself resting the glasses on the tray and have a hard time figuring out why you'd do it. Maybe if your lines aren't balanced and you need to let the foam subside before topping off?
I guess my thought was to be able to fill a big glass without having to hold it for the entire pour, but I see your point about the 'coke machine technique'

Evan! said:
Yeah, that $15 tray from barproducts was surely a find. kegconnection wanted $40 for the same one, so I held off. Glad I did! Just found that tray yesterday and ordered it.
I just ordered two.

One for the keezer, one for the two-tapper up stairs.

Man I love this forum...:ban:

THanks for the info guys...

These angle brackets were just cheapy ones in the hardware section of Lowes. I was looking for some nicer looking shelf brackets, but they had nothing meant for a 4" shelf so I got these.

I epoxied to the freezer, the used velcro to hold the tray on for taking it to the sink for cleaning. The insert can go in the dishwasher I suppose.

Great Shot! Just ordered it myself...! Great Find! I always have a bucket undermine and that has been a mess!... Now I have to paint my whole frig, cause it' got rusty... ps.. it's in my garage., Thanks again!

Back