Sparge Material

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcatman17

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can use pvc pipe for my sparge assembly its so much cheaper than Copper...:mug:

So schedule 40 probably is no good then..

That number refers only to the pipe's pressure rating, not the material it is made from. CPVC is rated to 180F/82C and is what you should use for mash tun or sparge. PVC pipe is for cold water use only.

well guess I should start over the pipe I had was some just laying around the house not sure what it is.... Thanks for ur help

I don't know how cheap cpvc is but you can make a copper manifold for around $12

well guess I should start over the pipe I had was some just laying around the house not sure what it is.... Thanks for ur help

keep building it.
do all your mock-up with the pvc you have on hand, then build the real one out of cpvc ones the bugs are worked out and it fits the cooler.

Is it ok to tilt my mash tun toward the valve to get out as much wort as possible my valve seems to be up high about 1 gallon under the valve

Thanks The closer I get to brew day thr paranoid I am getting I dont wanna screw it up...

Thanks The closer I get to brew day thr paranoid I am getting I dont wanna screw it up...

You will probably get drinkable beer first time. And it might not be too bad. My first brew was AG, and it was good. Not Damned good, but good.

You will probably surprise yourself.

pb

Can I just run a straight PVC pipe across the center of my rectangular cooler for my sparge or do I really need to dispurse the hot liqour water completely around the parameter of the cooler. Or would just one of those dispusrers work just fine.

Just batch sparge. Drain completely, refill, stir, drain. No sparge dohickeys needed.

first brew seemed to turn out ok calculation all turned out great.. Now gonna see how batch turns out...

Back