Beers for non-beer lovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Humpsalot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So if somebody says they don't like beer, but are willing to try a few, which ones would you acquire or recommend to them?

My list includes:

Lindemanns Framboise;
A fresh Hefeweizen (freshness is generally more important than brand, IMO);
A sour (ie, Rodenbach);

Hmmm... Can't think of any others... Care to throw out some suggestions?

Yes.

It's one beer, but several people on this site believe its a mix of their berry and their shandy. If it is a mix, it's done at the factory.

I find it better to talk about what they don't like about beer. My girlfriend wasn't a beer drinker before she met me but she loves IBUs. Big hoppy beers and if someone had her drink those beers she'd probably still not really like beer. What we did on our second date was went to my favorite watering hole and got 2 flights of beer to share. The bartender is a guy who knows his stuff and got us 12 different beers (which for them is most of their taps) One of them was Unibroue's Apple Ephimere, which is a beer that is very female friendly, it's very light in color and taste (it is a wheat) has apples, and has an IBU of only 10, and she hated it. I hated it too for similar reasons. But she loves beers like Troegenator, Dead Guy, Double Dead Guy, 90 Minute, Hopsicutioner, Loose Cannon, etc. And a big reason I kinda knew she would was based on what she liked to eat. She likes powerful flavors, sweet, salty, sour, etc. all of them she likes a lot of.

So if somebody says they don't like beer, but are willing to try a few, which ones would you acquire or recommend to them?

My list includes:

Lindemanns Framboise;
A fresh Hefeweizen (freshness is generally more important than brand, IMO);
A sour (ie, Rodenbach);

Hmmm... Can't think of any others... Care to throw out some suggestions?

+1 on Lindemanns Framboise. My wife hates beer but loves that stuff. Also, on our honeymoon in Ireland, she tried to get through the one mandatory Guinness but couldn't. She switched to Bulmer's cider right after.

I just give them what i'm drinking... I really need to stop wasting beer.

...not that I'm wasting it on them, but i usually find it stashed somewhere, mostly full.

Back