What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am current on vacation in Chile and trying a Szot brewery Rubia al Vapor that a fellow HBTer gave me. Unfortunately it is light struck and I can't get past the skunk. But behind it seems like a decent beer.

So far best beer here in Chile has been a strong ale by Rothhammer. But I have a couple weeks to go and plan to try as many local craft as possible.

Cheers. :mug:

Drake's Alpha Session

ForumRunner_20121219_184020.jpg

I am current on vacation in Chile and trying a Szot brewery Rubia al Vapor that a fellow HBTer gave me. Unfortunately it is light struck and I can't get past the skunk. But behind it seems like a decent beer.

So far best beer here in Chile has been a strong ale by Rothhammer. But I have a couple weeks to go and plan to try as many local craft as possible.

Cheers. :mug:

I actually had Szot at bar in Santa Cruz, Chile. I thought it was actually pretty good. It was an amazing trip. We introduced the "Irish Carbomb" to the bar, that is in a small town of a few thousand. They were kinda surprised us "Americans" drank so much. I have some pictures from the bar that are hilarious. Had a great trip. Chile is an amazing place. Would love to go back.

I just realized that I want to punch a whole load of you in a bad place for having access to a plethora of amazing offerings from a great many breweries. it's not your fault, I'm just jealous like that.

Next in line. I have been seeing this on here and been wanting to try it. Ill report back.

I love that one. Got a chance to try it before it was released and it is damn tasty!

So far tonight I've had my gold medal California Common and now I'm enjoying one of my punkin ales.

Tripel plus Brett. I'd think that's pretty classic specialty (Orval is noted under Belgian Specialty after all). The horsy/funky/slightly sour flavors don't fit under the normal Tripel style, no?

Oh, yeah ok definitely 16E if it's got brett in it. It's a good thing you had sensible judges...my club has a really awesome sour barrel-aged quad that we have entered into 3 competitions as 16E. The first two competitions we literally got feedback like "this should be entered as a sour" and had horrible scores because the judges didn't understand the category. The last time we entered was a few months ago, was judged by a grand master IV, won the category of over 40 entries, and was in serious contention for BOS.

Hamsterbite said:
Last night I did my annual stocking stuffer nips shopping. While I was in the bottle shop, I spied a new offering from 21A I had to try, Marooned on Hog Island Oyster Stout.
Since I knew the checkout clerk was going to give me some kind of $**** about a weird oyster beer, I figured I'd get it all over with in one shot and I also picked up a Ballast Point Indra Kunindra, and a Saison Du Buff.
I'm saving these for the weekend, but just in case the Mayan's are right and the weekend never happens, I also grabbed a bomber of La Fin Du Monde...:ban:

Really liking the Oyster Stout myself! Enjoy!

image-2379268760.jpg

Really liking the Oyster Stout myself! Enjoy!

I NEED to find this. As I have been to Hog Island Oyster Co so many time to grab sacks full of oysters. Im pretty sure thats who they joined with. I love 21st. They are about 2 blocks from the Giants stadium (the ONLY Giants, SF haha). They have some great beers, and they are all in cans.

The Victory at Sea is actually really good. A LOT different than the Narwhal. A heavy coffee influence, with some vanilla on the finish. Roasted malt flavors, but nothing too overwhelming. Really like it. I like them both, but I think the SN Narwhal wins me over a bit more.

Good, but nowhere near as good as Ten Fidy. I still haven't found an imperial stout better than Ten Fidy.

ForumRunner_20121219_201918.png

MrNic said:
Yeti is pretty good, but I still prefer Ten Fidy. It's just so damn good.

Both those are great but if I could only drink one Imperial Stout it'd be Old Rasputin, a perfect combo of chocolate and coffee to me.

Left coast I believe

North Coast. Always confuses me too Or am I confused and it's Left Coast..... bless. :mug:

A li'l Traq House

HPIM1660.jpg

Submitting a recipe based on this old fave for my club to brew for one of our barrels. Pretty psyched, first time using a real barrel and I'm honored to be the one tasked with the recipe for the project. :mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
North Coast. Always confuses me too Or am I confused and it's Left Coast..... bless. :mug:

A li'l Traq House

Submitting a recipe based on this old fave for my club to brew for one of our barrels. Pretty psyched, first time using a real barrel and I'm honored to be the one tasked with the recipe for the project. :mug:

I was about to change it. There are too many "blank" coast out there. I get confuse.. I don't even get lost coast down here...

and it tastes sweet- I dont even wanna know the calories in there- a sweet background with 9 alc-shoot:tank:

I was about to change it. There are too many "blank" coast out there. I get confuse.. I don't even get lost coast down here...

Agreed. The thing that gets me is breweries named after famous beers.... like Evin Twin, I see their beers and immediately think Heretic. Can't complain about too many notable breweries though. :mug:

This one's juts damn good IPA here.
HPIM1662.jpg
Nothing over the top, but solid bitterness, loads of hops flavor and aroma, enough malt to keep 'er going. Great beer. :rockin:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Agreed. The thing that gets me is breweries named after famous beers.... like Evin Twin, I see their beers and immediately think Heretic. Can't complain about too many notable breweries though. :mug:

This one's juts damn good IPA here.

Nothing over the top, but solid bitterness, loads of hops flavor and aroma, enough malt to keep 'er going. Great beer. :rockin:

Uh oh. I threw in an Evil Cousin IIPA for you. Thought that you wouldn't have access to it. Hope it's okay for ya. It's a Heretic product.

Uh oh. I threw in an Evil Cousin IIPA for you. Thought that you wouldn't have access to it. Hope it's okay for ya. It's a Heretic product.

No $hit!!!!! You. Are. Awesome!!!!! No, can't get any Heretic here and I've been dying to try Evil Cousin!!!! I read a lot about beer, and I just get confused by names, more so when I haven't had them as is the case with Heretic. Thanks buddy!!! :mug:

Back