time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxam said:
No idea what this is supposed to mean...

Exactly. Telling us to guess the beer style is certainly not a hint. That's telling us the rules...

CDA :D

NineMilBill said:
BTW, someone's been close. But I want eeexxaaaaccttt style.

NineMilBill said:
That sounds more like a flavor profile to me. I'm looking for the BJCP sub-category.

Nobodies guessed beers to which there is a sub category. Only actual specific styles have been guessed.

Nobodies guessed beers to which there is a sub category. Only actual specific styles have been guessed.

I'm well aware of what has been guessed, thank you.

I did not say anyone guessed the correct general category. I simply said someone was close.

Would anyone on HBT care to play the game instead of trying to impress me with their infinite knowledge of all things beer?

American Double Dry-Hopped Wheat beer, using Cascade, Centennial, and Amarillo, primarily.

We've gone almost 21 hours without a real clue.

Anyone else losing interest in this round?

Winner. Didn't see this. I've had excrutiating trouble with my internet connection today and will be replacing my router Monday.

Over 21 hrs, you were told the brewer was west of the Mississippi, someone had been close, was over 6% ABV, and apparently that GlenF was on the right track. In fact, practically his entire hop bill was right.

The rules state one clue every 24 hours...I suggest you guys get outside in the sunshine if you think I wasn't active enough on this one.

Floor's yours, rjwhite41. Ensure you keep refreshing this thread constantly to answer everyone's questions right away.

Not to quibble, this is a game after all. For one, I have never heard of an lipa. And for another
NineMilBill said:
Hmmmmmm............

Sub-cat and beer if you know it?

How is this cryptic response going to let anyone know anything? We don't need a clue every 2 hours. It's just that you kept popping up and giving non-clues.

That's a capital "I". An Imperial IPA. Pliny, to be exact.

I'll digress on everything else - this online back and forth is a little ridiculous.

NineMilBill said:
Winner. Didn't see this. I've had excrutiating trouble with my internet connection today and will be replacing my router Monday.

Over 21 hrs, you were told the brewer was west of the Mississippi, someone had been close, was over 6% ABV, and apparently that GlenF was on the right track. In fact, practically his entire hop bill was right.

The rules state one clue every 24 hours...I suggest you guys get outside in the sunshine if you think I wasn't active enough on this one.

Floor's yours, rjwhite41. Ensure you keep refreshing this thread constantly to answer everyone's questions right away.

The rules changed because we were sick of waiting around like we have the last day or two.

^^ THIS!!!

The rules don't say you get to give only one hint per day, it says you must give a hint each day.

Also, as the game has progressed we have made amendments that the majority agreed on. Changes such as 24 hours of silence justifies a pass.

Sounds good. This isn't exactly the Apfelwein thread - didn't see a purpose in reading the entire thing before proposing something.

Actually, I propose one of you guys starting a new thread with the updated rules. Might keep some of the more thin-skinned guys from shying away from the game.

The rules have really become colloquial, in a sense, anyway :D

I can start a new thread if anybody is interested.

In the meantime, check out the new game I started while I couldn't sleep last night. 20 Questions: Beer Edition. I'd really like to get that one moving.

Boooo... Just post, get flamed, suck it up, post some more, get flamed more, suck it up again, figure out we don't really care and we're just impatient people that like winning random trivia and realize that there's nothing wrong with that, and coexist. Let's just have some fun, people! :ban:

Getting close to the 24 hr mark for RJ to post.........

Sorry, didn't check it last night. I won't be able to post until about 6 central time. If you want to skip me, I'll understand (although I believe I have until 7 pm central to post), I just wanted that round to move on. Otherwise I will post when I get home. Hint 1- it won't be commercial. Like that, I gave a crappy hint before I even posted a picture;)

It's an IPA. Definitely an IPA.

I don't think it would be fair to Gridlocked to abandon this thread... It was a damn good idea and he deserves the credit for it.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic and the mess in the background.

2012-03-25_17-38-57_164.jpg

Back