bubbles still on beer after ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierStreet

Reaction score
brewed a split batch of a red ale, 2.5 gallons with wyeast 1056 (american ale) and 2.5 gallons with wyeast 1214 (belgian abbey) Anyway both fermented nicely, now there is no visible activity in either fermenter and no bubbles from the airlocks but the ale has a layer of bubbles on top of the beer, the abbey has cleared up like normal. I haven't seen bubbles like this except when its fermenting, usually the bubbles subside soon after activity has stopped. Any ideas about this, i'm not really concerned just haven't seen this before.

I'll second stubbornman's sentimnet, regardless as to how stubborn this man can be... :p

If there is still yeast foam, don't worry about it. Your beer is still happy and healthy and waiting for your next move.

Now, if this foam has hair on it, and creatures are crawling around, then I would probably worry just a little, but not too much.

it doesn't look like yeast foam, it maybe that the beer is right up next to the ferment trub thats stuck to the top of the carboy.

Back