Muntons Dry Yeast - Any Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
I have never used Muntons dry yeast but I might have to as a back-up this weekend. Anyone ever use it and have any thoughts. I also have some windsor yeast.

I'm making an all Amarillo IPA and I'm hoping to use Wyeast American Ale II but I forgot to smack the activator pack so I just pitched the liquid to a starter without the nutrient and it didn't seem like much (I'm used to the white labs vials).

Ah well, RDWHAHB.

Call your local brewery and beg some yeast. Tel them it is a brewing emergency. If they are any kind of a civil being they will give you a culture.

You should get good growth on the yeast from the activator pack in your starter. I don' know much about the Muntons but I would use 2 if you have to, I think they are only 6 grams.

Blender said:
You should get good growth on the yeast from the activator pack in your starter. I don' know much about the Muntons but I would use 2 if you have to, I think they are only 6 grams.

I've used Muntons Premium Dry yeast on a few batches. It's a fairly neutral yeast in my experience. And I second the use of two packs. I had much shorter lag times using two packs as opposed to one.

Back