Can't decide what to brew next? Try this tool!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
8ball.jpg

The knights of the Mashing Fork Magic Brewing 8 Ball.

Too Cool....The Ideas are interesting..

I got, "Spiced Stout with Belgian yeast"

That's awesome, especially since i never know what to brew and love doing weird stuff

Nice. Rye and Wheat Pilsner, it says. If only I had room in the fridge to lager.. ;)

Spun again and got Honey IPA with Kolsch yeast. Now we're talkin'!

One for the Mr. Beer!

6lb Maris Otter
.5lb Honey Malt
.25lb Caravienne
.5lb Honey (flameout)
.5oz Horizon 60
.5oz Cascade 30
.25oz Cascade 15
.25oz Cascade 5
1oz Cascade DH

Mash 150*F for 75 minutes. Ferment with Kolsch yeast.

Rye English IPA with Farmhouse yeast

Hey, now we're talking indeed... Okay, I cherry-picked, but I do have some Goldings burning a hole in my freezer.

10lb MO
3lb rye malt
12oz C40

.75oz Pac Gem 16.3% FWH
1oz UK Golding 4.5% 5min
1oz UK Golding 4.5% 1min
1oz UK Golding 4.5% dry

WLP568 Saison Ale Blend

1.064 OG, 8.6 SRM, 59 IBU:fro:

Honey American Amber with American Ale yeast

That is what I got on my first spin. It actually sounds pretty tasty!

Spiced English Brown with Scottish yeast.

Now what is funny is i have this in primary right now, but i am using Nottingham. My winter ale is really an English brown spiced with orange, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon.

Dark American IPA with German Wheat yeast ???
Spiced Porter with Pilsner yeast ??????
I think I will skip this.

Craig

"Imperial Wee Heavy with Pilsner yeast"

....so it's an oxymoronic beer...

Nice. I'm picking up the ingredients in a little bit to do the half batch of honey IPA here!

Sweet! Kolsch yeast takes a while, doesn't it?

I almost left the LHBS with WLP002. Glad I checked, or this would be a very English RyePA.

I also got... kegs. :eek:

Mashed 152F, 60min. Half distilled water, 1T 5.2, 6gm gypsum.
1qt starter (all-grain, mashed in my French press :p), decanted, pitched at 70F.
Missed my target by a little, but I am liking the color.

IMG_5472.jpg

Sweet! Kolsch yeast takes a while, doesn't it?

I almost left the LHBS with WLP002. Glad I checked, or this would be a very English RyePA.

Yes the Kolsch yeast is pretty pokey, and it has a lag time which resembles a rush hour commute on I-35 in the rain. :eek: I love the fact that it can produce an ale which tastes amazingly like a lager.

Um, yeah the Fuller's yeast would be a little fruity and sweet for a rye pale, I think. I'd use the Whitbread yeast (S-04) and ferment cool myself.

Yes the Kolsch yeast is pretty pokey, and it has a lag time which resembles a rush hour commute on I-35 in the rain. :eek:

WLP568 has a lag time that can be compared to MoPac at 4am. Pitched about 11PM, it's full tilt at 10AM! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might have to WARM this beer up to keep it in its happy range.

WLP568 has a lag time that can be compared to MoPac at 4am. Pitched about 11PM, it's full tilt at 10AM! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might have to WARM this beer up to keep it in its happy range.

Yep I would start at 75*F and raise it 2*F per day until it finishes at 85*F. Aquarium heater in a water tub!

I have heard DuPont actually starts that yeast around 70*F and ramps it all the way to 90*F!!

Thought not exactly the same, I used the wyeast Biere de Garde yeast back in August at about 85 ambient temp. The spiciness really came through, but it's also really hot (granted it's also 9.x%). I oaked it for a bit and its just now starting to be "drinkable", but that's much different from "enjoyable".

Yes the Kolsch yeast is pretty pokey, and it has a lag time which resembles a rush hour commute on I-35 in the rain. :eek: I love the fact that it can produce an ale which tastes amazingly like a lager.

True story. I used WLP029 for my Kolsch, it was beautiful. I would definitely use it on any ale recipe just to see what result you get. Does take a while getting going, but after that it hauls ass.

Strong red IPA, made with my favorite northwestern hops, and fermented with saison yeast.

Honey Wee Heavy with American Lager yeast... um, no.
Take 2: Dark American Brown with Belgian yeast. Now that I could see.
Fun tool, but I'm glad I have my recipes all lined up for the next 6 batches.

Back