Attention NY/NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejaz

Reaction score
Who's been to McSorley's ALE House In NYC lately? I haven't been ther since the late sixties , early seventies. I rememeber there was nothing like their ale. Am I chasing a taste and is their ale really as good as I remember. In those days there was nothing to compare it to. Does anybody know what style of ale they serve and does anybody have a close receipe.

Its pretty touristy these days. They still serve the "light" and "dark". You order a beer and it comes with two mugs of beer (lots of foam; so its about right). They have their beer made for them by someone else these days -- but still pretty good.

Saw dust on the floor, etc. Still a fun place -- but I would avoid it on a weekend night.

I would say its comparable to a ****ty Bass ale. Sorry Joe, I don't think you'd like it as much if you revisited it. You can buy it in bottles in many liquor stores if you want to though...

I think it's a pretty good beer. Maybe not outstanding, but better than most BMC.

I like the bar though even if it is always over-crowded. It's got character. My biggest regret is that I never took a leak in one of their troughs. Apparently everyone talks about what an enlightening experience that is.

If you want to experience McSorleys in the best possible scenario, go to Corner Bistro. That's about the only time I drink it...

Back