blichmann beer gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DagoBrewer

Reaction score
Hey guys ive been thinking about getting the beer gun and have watched some youtube and read some reviews. It looks pretty cool, but im wondering how long the bottles stays carbonated after you fill them up. I keg everything but it would be cool to keep some of my brews for aging or to trasnport them easier. Any body know the answer to this?
TIA! Cheers!

Pretty much will last as long as the cap can hold pressure. I borrowed one a long while back to try out on a big beer I did. Filled it in 22's a couple years ago and the last time I opened one of the beers (last week in fact) it was still nice and carbonated.

Wow! Thats cool. I used a home made CPBF before and the bottles only held for a few days, and a growler was flat by the last pour. Sounds like the beer gun is worth the money then. Thanks alot!

Wow! Thats cool. I used a home made CPBF before and the bottles only held for a few days, and a growler was flat by the last pour. Sounds like the beer gun is worth the money then. Thanks alot!

It should last as long as a proper CPBF fill.

The growler issue is a different story...as you consume more of the growler, there's more air displaced in the container allowing co2 to come out of solution. It's basically a giant resealable bottle. When I serve a growler, I like to pour as much as possible when it's first opened. If I can't do that, I try to place it somewhere where it's least disturbed...you don't want it knocked around or shaken to allow co2 to break free.

Just stopped by my LHBS and picked up the beer gun! It came with the accessory kit and was cheaper than anywhere online! I cant wait to try this thing out!

Latest posts

Back