new keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybrewer09

Reaction score
My kids got me a great Christmas present...a single keg system from Midwest. I already have a 3 gal keg and plan on adding at least one more 5 gal keg. They also got me a 3-way manifold and extra gas line to connect it all. I'm so freaking pumped!!!!
Is there any advice anyone would like to give or any tips to make kegging easier?

hey bill, make sure you have your gas line on tight as i have lost an entire bottle of gas. also be sure that you have good o-rings. i lost a half a keg because the beer leaked out of the post. make sure all you lines are tight by removing the gas lines and turning off the gas over night. if you have no leaks the regulator will stay pressurized. i am sure there are more tips, but those are the ones i have encountered.

Hey Chia, thanks for the tips. I'm hoping my o-rings are good. The keg was pressurized when I got it.
I have to get some worm clamps to hook my hoses up to the manifold.
I'm nervous and excited about this as I've read so many horror stories on here about first time kegging.

Congrats on the new kegging rig! I second the tight connections, I just added two more taps and regulators to my system and lost half a tank overnight due to a loose gas line!

There's nothing worse than not being able to dispense 3 kegs of your homebrew, and having to drink crappy beer until it's fixed!

Also, if you haven't already, skip the standard faucets and go straight into perlicks. The standard faucets are nothing but a hassle and you'll be removing them to clean often!

Sent from Space using Home Brew Talk App. Yes, Space.

Back