OK already! (rant)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold on a minute, now...either I'm just daft, or that makes absolutely NO f*cking sense whatsoever. First you say "if you disagree with me, don't try to change my mind!", but then you talk about how progress is made through disagreement, and that we all just want to make our beer better.

Don't you see how at odds those two statements are? If you want your beer to be better, then why is it so bad that people 'preach' to you?

What if you started a thread called "I like taking a dump in my secondary!"...could we try to convert you to a non-turd brewing process, or would that be too "preachy" of us?

Of course there are topics of debate around here where multiple ways work quite well...but there are also topics of debate where there is one clearly better method. If I feel like my method is clearly better, and will result in better beer, then why would you wish to censor me from informing you of this? That runs directly counter to your supposed wish to make better beer. :rolleyes:

This is what I think of your rant. :D

Jeez, I was just trying to say how I hate it when I say "I love using a secondary" and then someone does the obligatory "I only use a primary and my beer comes out great."

I didn't mean don't preach for all topics, just for ones where there is no right answer which is why people debate them. I was trying to clear it up by saying disagreeing is lovely, but if neither of us is wrong don't try to convince me that you're right.

Like anyone I've received unbelievably great advice from HBT, we all know it's an awesome resource.

"I like taking a dump in my secondary!" is not very debatable. If there is a better method than so be it. If not, don't be a ******. That's all I was trying to say.

I never use a secondary except when I do use one. And I always make a starter unless I don't. Fermentation control is always needed except when it isn't. I bottle when I don't keg and keg unless I'm going to bottle because I want to.

I have never used p!ss as a sanitizer though.

Sometimes I read rant threads but most of the time I don't. :cross:

I only use my p!ss to sanitize when I've ingested a bunch of brewers yeast tablets. Since it's a no rinse sanitizer it gives that little extra yeast to the fermentation.

:drunk:

I never get drunk from drinking beer unless I drink too much. And I don't drink unless I plan on getting drunk. And sence I don't make Budwiser, I NEVER use p!ss as a sanitizer. Unless I make Budwiser. :p

ah nevah git drunk fum six packin' beer unless ah six pack too much. An' ah doesn't six pack unless ah plan on gittin' drunk. Shet mah mouth! An' on account o' ah doesn't make Budweizzu, ah NEVER use piss as a sanitizer. Unless ah make Budweizzu.

Back